Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oliver Gavin to Leave Corvette Racing

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
A little over an hour ago, Corvette Racing's Oliver Gavin announced that he'll be leaving the Corvette Racing Team at the end of the season.

Gavin who joined the team in 2002 has won five American Le Mans Series class championships, five 24 Hours of Le Mans class wins, five 12 Hours of Sebring class wins and five Petit Le Mans class wins.

Oliver Gavin - Corvette RacingBelow is the official announcement:

Announcement - I will step away from full-time competition with the Corvette Racing program at the end of 2020. I will complete my 18th full-time season with the team at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring in two weeks.

To have been with the same team for 19 seasons has been an immense privilege, and I thank from the bottom of my heart each and every person who has shared that journey with me.

Oliver Gavin - Corvette Racing

It’s been an amazing run, and I’ve been very lucky to have been able to drive at such a high level for so long. I’m extremely proud of what we’ve achieved together, especially the championship wins and milestone victories at Le Mans, Daytona and Sebring, among others. I’m also very proud of the part I played in developing four generations of Corvette race cars for both IMSA and at Le Mans, and I look forward to exploring opportunities to represent Chevrolet and Corvette Racing in the future.

I’d like to thank my Mum and Dad, Brother Marcus and his family.

Most of all I must thank my wife Helen and my three fantastic children, Lily, Isaac and Fergus.

They have been my rock throughout all the highs and lows. So much love and support, couldn’t have done any of this without them
❤️

Best of luck Olly and thank you all for the years of great Corvette Racing success!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom