Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

OMG!!! I drove it to a car show tonight!!!!!!!!!

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
I went to a large Corvette show at the World Golf Village in St. Augustine area today. It was tearing me up having my ride this close, but not close enough to show it. We saw some great cars.

Well, we had our usual Saturday night cruise, and it happened to be at the K mart about 1.5 miles from my house.

Soooooooooo, I came home, tied up some loose ends, and took off.

Man it was sooooooo cooooooooooool feeling the wind blow through my hair.

Bad part is, I have something messed up with the hurst shifter. It goes reverse, 1, then 2, then when I try for third it jams up.

Came right back home, jacked it up, and freed the linkage up from underneath, shot back out on the road, 1, 2, went for 3, and locked it up again.

What the heck, I drove it in 2nd with a terrible/nonexistant alignment anyway.

I now have 3.3 miles on the car.

It was received well, lots of ewwws and ahhhs, mostly over the rims and the fuel injected big block. Overall, I think I hit my target reaction.

Even had a lady come up and tell me to please move so she could take a picture (I don't think she realized I was the owner of the car).

Any guess on my shifter linkage? It is a hurst, and I put new bushings in it when I had it apart, and I had the trans rebuilt by a local expert.

Shifter Jam-Sandwich..

Hello Chris !
Man, I know you are still on Cloud 9, :upthumbs That's Great that you cruised the '69 :beer Not to seem like an insulting suggestion, but I'm thinking that you installed your shift rods incorrectly, or more likely, you reversed the rod for 3-4th gear, and if you pull that rod off and spin the ends around, it should cure your problem. I used to do this all the time on my '69 Cougar, until I finally learned how to tell which arm went where. Send Some Pic's !!!!!!!

:w
Steve.

69MyWay said:
It was received well, lots of ewwws and ahhhs, mostly over the rims and the fuel injected big block. Overall, I think I hit my target reaction.

I would have expected nothing less! :upthumbs

- Eric :w

Sounds like a lot of fun even with a few bugs. :cool

Tom

Wind in your hair, sides barking that BB sound. People admiring your ride. Tough day for you:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom