Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

On "Speed Channel: On Demand"

Gburg

Corvette
2006 Monterey Red Coupe
For those of you that have digital cable tv service, check-out the new offering on your local Speed Channel: On Demand channel. For the Columbus, Ohio Warner-Cable market this is channel #1170.

Check-out Alain de Cadenet's "Victory by Design: Corvette." de Cadenet tries to cover all generations of Corvettes. There is less coverage of street Vettes. More time is spent on racing Vettes. Cars developed by Duntov, when the major manufacturers were "officially" not supporting racing and other motorsports. Alain de Cadenet says next to nothing about C5s and C6s but, does touch on C5-Rs. The end of the program is unlike other "Victory by Design" programs. There is a montage of video from the rest of the program, mixed with de Cadenet driving a yellow C6 Z06, without any commentary. de Cadenet could have said something about the C6 Z06 but did not. The C6 Z06 could have been discussed in the same time that the unusual video montage was presented. I was disappointed about the ending but, it was a good program on Corvettes that were driven by de Cadenet, in England. All cars featured had front European style license plates.

Gburg
auto.gif
driving.gif

The Z06 speaks for itself. de Cadenet's voice is at best,annoying. I'd much rather hear the engines.

Alain de Cadenet is less annoying than the other Brits on UK produced car review shows. No sorry attempts of trying being to be entertaining and hip. No strained smart aleky jokes. I can tolerate de Cadenet; he does a good job. I like the bloke, as a matter of fact. I expected more from his presentation of Corvette history, up to the present day.

But he could have talked about the Z06 and reviewed its handling characteristics. And finish up with comparing it to the 1954 Vette he drove, and wonder about what the Chevy engineers will come out with in the future. We all could have seen more of the Z06, as he drove it around the road course. The video montage at the end of the program was a waste of time, a lost opportunity. The program ending was not as good as the other "Victory By Design" programs.

Gburg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom