Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: One more battery thread, but. . .

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
I have read so many things about Optima Batteries, 30/70% good/bad, and If I still want to have the safety of a battery that won't leak acid, and I can't afford the $275.00 for an Odyssy Battery, what are some good alternatives to a Optima ? AMG or GEL type of what ? I really don't want a wet cell battery in my Corvette? Any thoughts are appreciated. :ugh

Although the "leaking battery issue" is a long dead horse (problem solved in 2002 when Delco (the ones that leaked) redesigned the side terminals), you have other choices in an AGM.

I just replaced my Red Top (died) with a Sears Die Hard Platinum, which is the same AGM tech as the optima, just FYI.

Although the "leaking battery issue" is a long dead horse (problem solved in 2002 when Delco (the ones that leaked) redesigned the side terminals), you have other choices in an AGM.

I just replaced my Red Top (died) with a Sears Die Hard Platinum, which is the same AGM tech as the optima, just FYI.

Thanks, because of a lot of different factors, I don't get to use my car as much as I'd like. But if it means putting in another battery, or a Red Top, and then have to take it out within a year cause it died, that's not a way I want to go in. I'll look at the sears dir-hard again and see if it's worth the chase.

Thanks, because of a lot of different factors, I don't get to use my car as much as I'd like. But if it means putting in aother battery, or a Red Top, and then have to take it out within a year cause it died, that's not a a way I want to go in. I'll look at the sears dir-hard again and see if it's worth the chase.

Use a battery tender to solve the non-use time. This will help all brands last longer, I had a die hard for over 7 years and was still strong when I sold.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom