Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

One of a kind Corvette--1998 Colani Super Corvette

Brangeta

Super%20Corvette%20%271998%20%281%29.jpg

http://www.schach-niggemann.de/traumauto/html/904.html

I was watching Discovery's new series called FutureCars and learned of Luigi Colani and... holy crap. his designs are all beautiful.

From what little I know, his cars all function, and several of them are even very fast. He has a very fast yellow Corvette-based design I haven't found much info on.

The show reairs on Discovery Channel tonight at 11 my time (15 minutes) so you might be interested in watching it!

Is it a 1998 or a 1989 model? Seems like the rims are early 90's and with Chris saying early 90's? I would love to see an interior picture of that spaceshuttle :D

Groeten Peter.

From what little I know, his cars all function, and several of them are even very fast. He has a very fast yellow Corvette-based design I haven't found much info on.

The show reairs on Discovery Channel tonight at 11 my time (15 minutes) so you might be interested in watching it!
From what I seen it the future, I'm glad I'm in the present. It just looked like a bunch of crap.

Peter-- I'm not really sure. I think '98 might just be the year he finished it.

I really liked the Colani stuff. Especially the Colani Viper.
Viper%20'1999%20(1).jpg

And the color of the Colani Shark Speedster is exactly what color I am wanting for a certain something.
Shark%20'2002%20(6).jpg

In my opinion, he's one of the best futuristic designers I've ever seen. His stuff isn't anything like the crap that the big manufacturers are showing off as concepts. (Ex: the stuff those interns at GM are making)

Did you catch the flu Luigi? :L

I'm pretty sure it is made from a C4, so I doubt he traded wheels out.

Here is a bit more on the car(s)

ccsema.jpg
Click on Images to Enlarge Luigi Colani's Corvette
After the Automorrow '89 tour, one of Luigi Colani's creations debuted a few years later with another design vision, the "Colani Corvette", which was planned to set land speed records at the Bonnieville Salt Flats after the SEMA show where it was on display in late October of 1993 in the large image above. The Colani Corvette concept was based on the pre '89 white prototype seen in the image above, while the poster design was from 1988. The car was featured in E&M Nov 16, 1988, and CarStyling Jan. 1989. The vehicle was being redesigned for the original Automorrow tour, as seen in the poster below, but was not finished in time.
Work continued on it's progress, and it came to the US to set a new world land speed record on August 23, 1995, at the Bonneville Salt Flats. The average speed for the car was 230.928 M.P.H., and was driven by Mike Strasburg.

http://www.automorrow.com/articles/colanivette.html

Thanks for the pics and info Chris!

I really like Colani's designs. They are all too outrageous for the street, but I would rather go see a collection of his work than any other designer by far :). I think it's all related to my fondness for Speed Racer. Growing up and seeing the Mach 5, Shooting Star, GRX, etc. must have influenced my taste!

That red one is now yellow and has a slight amount of bodydamage on the front bumper. I noticed this both on the show FutureCars as well as 1 picture I found of it. (it has some yellow colored tape holding a cracked area together.)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom