Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Opening of Headlights and Headlight Switch:

401KVet

Corvette
1980 L82 Coupe, Black
ALL of my lights are working, inside and out. But not the Headlights. Dim or high beam. On the dash the high beam indicator also does not come on. So no lights. I think it may be the headlight switch. Is there anyway to test it?
The headlights do pop up when the switch is pulled. That leads me to my second question. The left headlight is quite a bit slower that the right light. Opening and closing. Would anyone know what may be the cause and how to fix it?
Thanks...
:w

Last edited:
ALL of my lights are working, inside and out. But not the Headlights. Dim or high beam. On the dash the high beam indicator also does not come on. So no lights. I think it may be the headlight switch. Is there anyway to test it?
Sure. Check for a voltage output on pin 6.(this connects to your dimmer switch) If no voltage check for voltage on pin 1(Battery supply), if you have no voltage here its possibly a fusible link near the starter solenoid. If this is all OK, the check your dimmer switch.
I am assuming your grounds are fine since all other lamps are working and the indicator lamp does not work(different ground to your lights, also assuming that the lamp for this is fine)
The headlights do pop up when the switch is pulled. That leads me to my second question. The left headlight is quite a bit slower that the right light. Opening and closing. Would anyone know what may be the cause and how to fix it?
Thanks...
:w
Probably a small vacuum leak in the headlight system. Actuator seals maybe?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom