Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Opinions on 1963 Colours

Best colour for a 1963 roadster

• Tuxedo Black

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Ermine White

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Riverside Red

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Daytona Blue

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Silver Blue

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Saddle Tan

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Sebring Silver

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters

vintagecorvette

Corvette
1963 Fuelie coupe, 1963 roadster
I am curious what people feel is the nicest colour for a 1963 roadster. I am going to paint mine in the next few weeks. The car is originally a Daytona blue car, but I am not too into blue, so the car is going Sebring silver.

Opinions please.

oWEN

Owen,

One of the nicest, as well as rarest, color combinations for a 63 is Daytona Blue with a red interior. It is absolutely stunning, IMO. Once in a while I'll pull out the Feb 2000 issue of Corvette Fever to check out the front cover...

I, too, like the idea of keeping it Daytona Blue and having the red interior. Of course, I am partial as my Targa Blue coupe also has a red vinyl interior special ordered, as shown on the tank sticker ("Color Over-Ride" and "Red Vinyl Interior"). :cool

That being said, I like Sebring Silver (with black) as well. Personally, if it were my 'vert, and since I already own a blue/red combo, I think I would have to go with Tuxedo Black with a red interior. Black top as well.

That would be my .02...

Rick

:w

p.s. I am writing this while at McMurdo Station, Antarctica....(!)

The car originally had the blue interior, but along the road it has been dyed black. It is still decent, so I do not plan to replace it. It it were red, I would most certainly paint the car black. I already have a black 911 Carbiolet with a red and black interior, so I feel that silver will be nice. However, I have not bought the paint yet. So my mind could change. Thanks for the input. oWEN

I see you might not be a fan of it, but my most favorite C2 color is Daytona Blue, had a bead on a 64 in DB with white interiro and soft top, but ended up with my MM 65 instead - still, that deep dark blue is my #1 fav.

I've always liked the Saddle Tan best but Sebring Silver is a close runner up.

-Mac

Looked for over 3 years to find a Sebring Silver car with black interior....found it, and love it...

Daytona blue! One of my favorite vette colors of all time!

woke up today to a couple of harsh facts:

Yankees are out
Rangers lost again
Daytona Blue is now a distant second to Silver Blue

Silver's nice too!

Islander said:
Owen,

One of the nicest, as well as rarest, color combinations for a 63 is Daytona Blue with a red interior. It is absolutely stunning, IMO. Once in a while I'll pull out the Feb 2000 issue of Corvette Fever to check out the front cover...
I too think Daytona Blue,with Red int was :upthumbs !! And if it was mine I would put it back Orig. Even if I did not Like the Combo!! But that's just me,I'm a Orig Kinda Guy!!:Steer :lou :Steer :lou :Steer :lou ;shrug junk!!ps Nice Clean Orig. appeiring Old Car's Give me a Boner!! Corvette,GTO.442, Chevelle,Shelby,Cobra,Cuda,GTX,Road Runner What Ever!!

The silver or silver blue both show off the body lines best. Metallic paint has a nice color effect on a curved panel. Dark colors hide the details, IMO.

Apparently, I'm the only one in the world who likes Saddle Tan... That's okay. I don't mind being unique.

oWEN, do you remember that saddle tan 63 SWC which used to be in the car museum behind the Empress? Back in the 90s, it was for sale... I put in a bid but I was too low... :cry

-Mac

Metallic Black...?

How about a metallic black as seen on some of the new Mercedes-Benz's? That is actually a pretty sharp color and may work with what axfox1 suggests...

I think it's worth checking out-just for reference. :)

Rick
:w

McMurdo Station, Antarctica

Mac said:
Apparently, I'm the only one in the world who likes Saddle Tan... That's okay. I don't mind being unique.

oWEN, do you remember that saddle tan 63 SWC which used to be in the car museum behind the Empress? Back in the 90s, it was for sale... I put in a bid but I was too low... :cry

-Mac

Mac,

I thought that it was silver....Guess I was wrong. There is a silver split window that I see around Victoria that is kinda rough, but a solid driver. I thought that it was the car.

oWEN

vintagecorvette said:
Mac,

I thought that it was silver....Guess I was wrong. There is a silver split window that I see around Victoria that is kinda rough, but a solid driver. I thought that it was the car.

oWEN
Is that the one with the aftermarket tail lights hanging below the rear bumpers? I left a half dozen business cards on that guy's window over the seven years I was in Victoria but he never called me.

The one in the museum was saddle tan, faded but original. The owner was from up Island and when the museum folded, he wanted out of the car.
The curator was collecting sealed bids so I put one in but no luck. Quite a number of those museum cars ended up being sold for reasonable prices.

-Mac

Never thought I would own a White Vette but when the opportunity came along on mine I went with it. Now that the creamy smooth lacquer is done I am even more happy with it. Granted it's not resale red but it's got a nice period look to it (IMHO).

b082005a.jpg

b083105a.jpg

I'm not really into white cars either, but that's a damn nice looking car. And that color.....it's classic. That's the best way I can describe it. It's really sharp.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom