Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Opinions on 1963 Colours

Best colour for a 1963 roadster

• Tuxedo Black

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Ermine White

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Riverside Red

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Daytona Blue

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Silver Blue

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Saddle Tan

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Sebring Silver

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters
JJS said:
I'm not really into white cars either, but that's a damn nice looking car. And that color.....it's classic. That's the best way I can describe it. It's really sharp.
Yea,What he said X 10+!!! White is Right on some car's and THAT"S one of them!!:lou :lou :cool junk!!

don't know why but I follow this thread as closely as any other "hot" topic - so pleased to see Daytona Blue coming back into a tie for first place!

edit: crap, had to open my mouth, now Silver Blue is back on top. gonna have to gather up some Daytona Blue supporters . . .

My car is currently white, shich does not look bad, but because it needs paint I wnat to do it a colour I really like.

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

I'd Keep it the stock white. There's another C2 owner that posted the other day saying he didn't like white either, but that it did look great on his car. That white has that "classic" look on a C2. It's a beautiful color, and I wouldn't change a thing.....and I don't like white on cars...'cept those!

-John

The car is originally a Daytona blue with blue interior. However sometime in its life it was painted white and the interior dyed black. I am not interested in Daytona blue so it is either going black or silver. I have a couple weeks still to decide.

The car now has black wall tires and the original hubcaps. with a white soft top.

oWEN

Funny how everyone wants something different than what they got.

I voted for Ermine White, by the way, because of some of the gorgeous White '63s I've seen posted up lately.

My car has a Silver Blue / Dark Blue trim tag but I've been wrestling over which color to paint it when (if) that time ever comes. It was white (kind of) when I bought it but the paint came off within a month of bringing it home.

I personally like dark blue but the original Daytona Blue is a little too dark and a little too flat to be gorgeous. One would have to push the metallic up and ever-so-slightly lighten the paint by a hair to make it outstanding.

I'm slowly resolving my choice back to the original Silver Blue but may cheat a bit and put in a white and dark blue interior.

In the end, if NCRS judging was in the plan, then one would simply have to weigh the points deduction for wrong color over the desire to build and drive the car the way one wants it to be seen. Any more it seems like those 85 points aren't worth the trouble.

And the way NCRS is penalizing cars for incorrect colors or paint materials leads me to wonder if they are living in a reality-based world.

If no judging is planned, then of course, there are billions of colors in the world and you can pick what you like. Why limit yourself to the 7 original (boring) choices?

Silver with a Red interior is a gorgeous combination.

I like the car, but certainly not in love with it. It is a tight car, but just not as nice as my 1966. I originally bought the car to do a LS1 conversion on it, but because of time and other projects etc, I have changed my mind. If the car goes silver, it will probably be a silver with more metallic in it than the Sebring. If black, then just a basic black, most likely the same I painted my 1957 with (Standox). The interior is good, so I will leave it as is. If it were worn out, then I would change it to red. I do not plan to pour money into this car, I just want it to look better than it does now with its 10ft paint job.

oWEN

vintagecorvette said:
The car is originally a Daytona blue with blue interior. However sometime in its life it was painted white and the interior dyed black. I am not interested in Daytona blue so it is either going black or silver. I have a couple weeks still to decide.

The car now has black wall tires and the original hubcaps. with a white soft top.

oWEN
You can't go wrong with Silver/Black. I think that's a very nice combo!:)

101_0104.jpg

One last post before I go. Beautiful color and still shows of all the great lines of the mid-year. Its also not a color you see often, so you'll have something a little different, but I painted my car orange so what do I know :L

k2v63c1.jpg

One last post. So not to be rude.;)

I think that your orange 1957 is the best rod I have seen in along time. The colour combo is what does it for me. By the way what orange is it?

Thanks. It is 2003 Lamborghini Orange Pearl. Some of the new colors out there are awesome. I saw an Electron blue 63 in Fl. that was just stunning.
This decision is a major PIA isn't it.:D

Bob

I'll bet the end results mimic the actual percentages of customer purchases in 63 model year.

Well.

I got the car back from the painter. Went in the total opposite direction than I first decided. The top is in getting recovered and I just spent dumped a bunch at Long Island Corvette, Paragon and Corvette Central. Here are some photos of it sitting outside my shop. oWEN

From this
40848passide-med.jpg

To this...

DSC00336.JPG

DSC00337.JPG

DSC00338.JPG

DSC00339.JPG

DSC00340.JPG

I’m partial to red with black int., but black ex. with red int. is really nice.

I don’t think I’ve seen a Blue ex. with red int. If anyone has a pic, post it. I’d like to see.

I don't know how I missed this thread, so I bumped up Silver Blue by one more. I first priced out a Sebring Silver Z06 coupe, but wanted a convertible, so I ordered Daytona Blue which was written up on the handwritten order. I saw a picture of a Silver Blue convert on the cover of Car and Driver and went back and changed my order the next day. The typed order has Silver Blue on it.

This is a result of that order. :)
Ol Blue
63vett.jpg

Still have to stick with Sebring Silver....if shot right you get a lot of metal flake in the paint... Silver defines the lines...take a look.... In overcast sky....

w32.jpg

and at SUNRISE...

w33.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom