Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Opinions on Brake lights

I'm not sure I like the flush-mount tail lights. Having them a bit recessed gives you some room to dress them up.

I know 6-Shooter thinks this is "rice" but I like the way the louvers add some depth to the taillights.

attachment.php

:w
-Patrick

I dont mind the louvers - they look nice especially Black on black
I cant take the dirt build up every time I look at my tail lights. Seems to get dirty quickly

jrose7004 said:
I like the flush mounted because it helps keep the dirt out of your taillight buckets!

I agree. I did mine for about $9 in parts from Lowes. 6 - 1" nylon spacers, 2 - 3/4" nylon spacers; 8 - #8 x 2' pan head screws; and blavk rubber weather striping.
:pat

I like brake lights, wish every car had them, however on the Corvette the only look I like better than stock is the Euro lights. I razz a friend with flush lights they look like "bug eyes", and I know if Chevrolet made them flush at the factory more people would be recessing them! Louvers and blackouts don't look right in my opinion.

Bruce

Patrick said:
. . . I know 6 Shooter thinks this is "rice" . . .

attachment.php

:w - Patrick
Roni.jpg

Rice-A-Roni - The San Francisco Treat !!!

Seriously - It's your Corvette, you paid for it, do what ya want.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

6 Shooter said:
Roni.jpg

Rice-A-Roni - The San Francisco Treat !!!

I'm more of a pasta fan, Dwayne. So I'll take the Pasta-Roni, thanks.

Think of it this way- you're Corvette is you're canvas, to be artisticcally dressed as you (the artist) see fit.

-Patrick

Patrick said:
. . . Think of it this way - you're Corvette is you're canvas, to be artisticcally dressed as you (the artist) see fit.
:w - Patrick
I couldn't agree more, here's a little art for ya . . .

C5NDaKeys.jpg

. . . notice the brake lights!

6 Shooter said:
. . . notice the brake lights!

You mean the bland and banal break lights? :D

Careful of the hibiscus blooms- they can stain your clear coat. :W

-Patrick

Pushin

Thanks for yur opinion. I'm gonna hold off on the Flush mounts until I see them in person.

BTW - I got my LEDs online for $229 from ebay a place called topauto.com

I don't get it. Years ago, everybody wanted Frenched taillights. Now that the C5 has them, some people want flush taillights?:confused

C:wRVETTE

Well, dooscoop, it's like this: people always want what they don't have.

Not logical, but, in the immortal words of Todd Bertuzzi, "it is what it is."

-Patrick

b_pappy said:
I like brake lights, wish every car had them, however on the Corvette the only look I like better than stock is the Euro lights. I razz a friend with flush lights they look like "bug eyes", and I know if Chevrolet made them flush at the factory more people would be recessing them! Louvers and blackouts don't look right in my opinion.

Bruce
Let's face it, if they (Corvettes) came with Euros we'd be changing to All- Reds, if the stocks were flush, we'd recess them, if they were LED's, Neons would be the ticket, and stock louvers would be the first think to come off!
The need to be different, personal, and busy drives us to do these things. Enjoy.:beer

I saw some LED tail lights on a C5 the other day the swept from the inside sequentially to the outside throught both tail lights. They looked real different from any others that I had seen before. I like them.

I would never put Euro styled lights on an American car. Flush mounts really smooth out the lines of a car. Screw on dime store louvers are the worst. Have you ever seen any exotic car owner screw anything like that on a Ferrari or Lambo? No. And if you did what would it look like to you? Those four round lights are a straight up symbol of Americana and they look great left alone.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom