Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Original Tires On My '81 / Vette Squat

Silver81Vette

Corvette
1981 Silver T-Top (St. Louis Car)
I have a set of Goodyear Eagle ST's on my Corvette They arent in bad shape, but they are going to need to be replaced soon. Is this the original equipment for this year? I have seen alot of Vette's with Goodyear Eagle GT-II's, and ive also seen BFGoodrich T/A's on alot of Vette's also. Anyone know what is the original that came on the 81's? Looking to replace my tires with new, and just wondered. Also... Im not an experienced Vette driver yet, BUT I wanted to also ask that when I put my Vette into drive, the back end squats down. It's Pretty neat, but is this normal ?? Thanks to all who reply!!

-- G.J.

not sure if thier factory equipment but i do remember seeing alot of C3s with the eagle st on back in the late 70s and early 80s. actually mine has a set on that look great but are dry rotted and i think they've been discontinued for quit a while. yeap, its normal for our vettes to squat when you put them in drive. something to do with the suspension i believe. im also new to vettes and am learning every day. dont forget da :w

Yep, the squat is perfectly normal, welcome to the world of independent rear suspension.

Don't know anything about the OEM tires, sorry.

Cheers

Richard

As far as I know, the Eagle ST's are not available any more.
The GTII's are a real good alternative, and better traction as they are M&S (Mud and snow) rated.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom