Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ouch!!! not a pretty sight

Corvette
1965 Coupe L76 / 1978 L82
Our Corvette club hosts a cruise night on the 3rd Thursday of the month and we just had the most recent one a few nights ago.
I couldn't make it there because of work but around 10pm I get an email with these pictures from another club member.
This happened just minutes after leaving the cruise.....

0621072040a.jpg

0621072040.jpg

0621072039b.jpg

0621072039a.jpg

I don't know who's car it is and I know most of the C1 and C2 cars locally but never recall seeing this one before.
It makes me want to cry seeing something like this. It looks to have been a really nice '63 fuelie - at least before the accident!

Barry,

so single car accident? speed and alcohol involved? anyone hurt?

2nd pic looks like a tahoe with a dent in the quarter panel. Probable a 2nd car.

Yeah, a street sign simply won't do that much damage.

Now, the pipe wrench I carry around just for obliviots in Tahoes, that does quite a bit of damage. . .

That's very sad. One of my worst nightwares. From the position of the driver's side wheel some things are seriously bent.... :cry.

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road. ~Author Unknown

Jeez.........makes me ill to look at that:puke...........waiting for the rest of the story....

Driver's front corner of the Vette into the passenger's rear corner of the Explorer... "One way" sign knocked down at an intersection... Explorer ended up parked on the driver's side of the Vette...

There's only a few ways to bring the passenger's rear corner into the path of the driver's front corner.
The Explorer could have been crossing at the intersection and got "tagged" by the Vette which was driving on the one-way street... or an unsafe lane change where there was a significant difference in speed between the Vette and the Explorer.

Seeing crumpled Vettes always makes my stomach roll...

-Mac

Seeing crumpled Vettes always makes my stomach roll...

-Mac

Seeing crumpled Vettes, gets my adrenalin pumping. When I see a picture such as this, my brain goes into overdrive and I start to think about how I would go about putting this thing back together.

Eh, do we go the front clip thing, or patch this one up,,,, frame,, check the damage, look closer, replace, repair, eh, eh,

Stepinwolf

Seeing crumpled Vettes, gets my adrenalin pumping. When I see a picture such as this, my brain goes into overdrive and I start to think about how I would go about putting this thing back together.

Eh, do we go the front clip thing, or patch this one up,,,, frame,, check the damage, look closer, replace, repair, eh, eh,

Stepinwolf
After I got over the shock of seeing shattered fiberglass, I started looking at the position of that front wheel. This one looks like it'll need the frame straightened but not a huge tweak.

-Mac

I would want to kill somebody if it were mine.....:r
I feel sick looking at it......:puke
that is a shame :ugh:ugh
hope it can be repaired....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom