Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Outside Air temp sensor location?

Corvette-Pilot

Corvette
1994 Black Rose Coupe
I have the electronic climate system so I have an outside air temp disply.
Every once in a while it seems to be stuck first thing in the morning.
Drive around a while and bang, it starts reading correctly again.

Where is the sensor that measures the temp?
Does it sound like it might be going south on me?

The sensor on my 92 is located at the bottom right corner of the A/C condensor as you look up under the front license plate. Think that's the usual location for C4's

The outside temp readout on the C68 system depends on a number of things. From my 92 Service Manual:

The sensor input is filtered by the HVAC programmer to minimize false ambient temperature readings displayed on the HVAC control head. Temperature updtes are dependent of the following conditions:
  • Vehicle speed is greater than 25 mph for more than 3 minutes or 45mph for 1.5 minutes. Updates will occur on a consistent basis as long as vehicle speed stays above 25 mph.
  • When speeds fall below 25 mph no updates occur.
  • If the ignition is turned "off" then "on" within 3 hours and the current ambient temperature is less than what was stored upon ignition "off".
  • If the ignition is "off" for more than three hours, current ambient temperature is stored immediately.
The inside air temperature sensor is located in the air conditioning outlet directly in front of the passenger seat and senses the in-vehicle temperature.

The sensor is located on the right front under the hood pass side it is black with 3 slits in it about the size of a dive and a half moon shape.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom