Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

outside mirror control...or lack of!

RISKMGR

Corvette
1991 Black Convertible 6Spd / 2008 ZZ4
When I last checked in the winter, my remote mirror controls worked fine.
Now they do not work!?

I have looked for a fuse, but did not find one for the mirrors. Does anyone have any info on what may be wrong? Thanks for any imput!

The switch (joystick?) sometimes dies; mine did and I still haven't repaired it.

Ken said:
The switch (joystick?) sometimes dies; mine did and I still haven't repaired it.

if its not the switch it may be the small X shaped part located behind the mirror itself it is called a trunion(?) and you can purchase them from midamerica or ecklers (few bucks) you would have to remove the mirror face and snap the new trunions in place ..sometimes they crack so when you remotely try to adjust the mirror the mirror will just shimmy/shake in place...I did my driver side (84) works fine now...hope this info helps

I have a 92 and had the problem it was the fuse. The mirror shairs the cuise control fuse. Good luck

On mine, it wasn't the joystick but the switch that controls right-left-neither. Not sure if the later years have the same setup. I pulled apart the center console and the switch fell apart in my hands...
[RICHR]

thanks for the help

I found the problem! It was the fuse! Mirrors now work fine, but cruise control still does not work.......but with a six speed trans. who needs it!....But It would be nice to get it fixed some day.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom