Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Outstanding NCM Delivery

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

SGF

Corvette
2011 Jeststream Blue Grand Sport Convertible
Just received NCM delivery today of 2011 Jetstream Blue GS Convertible. Sweet ride is here. The folks at the museum did an exceptional job. I couldn't be more pleased with my new sweet ride. More pics will be uploaded in next few days.
:happyanim:

Attachments

• 157-040611_SCOTT_FASS.jpg
    157-040611_SCOTT_FASS.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 142
Just received NCM delivery today of 2011 Jetstream Blue GS Convertible. Sweet ride is here. The folks at the museum did an exceptional job. I couldn't be more pleased with my new sweet ride. More pics will be uploaded in next few days.
:happyanim:

Congradulations!! You are going to love that GS. Mine is identical (ok, it's a '10). The Jetstream Blue is fantastic with a little wax and a lot of sun!!
Now all you have to do is drive it...

Bring it to the C5/C6 Birthday Bash later this month, we'll be there again!!

Congrats! What an awesome experience!!

-Mac

Glad you enjoyed the NCM delivery of your new Vette.
:w

The Rest of the Story - Outstanding NCM Delivery/Trip

We had a great time and an exceptional trip. Some of you asked for details. How about some highlights and more details will follow at your request. We flew into Nashville and rented a Cadillac at the airport, part of an NCM program that lets you rent any car, same rate, one way drop off at NCM. After leaving the airport stopped at Grand Ole Opre Hotel and than drove to Bowling Green. Stayed over in BG at local motel and arrived at NCM ~ 7:45. We did not leave NCM until almost 6 PM. Every minute was jammed pack with great stuff. First car we saw was my sweet ride/Delivery #8 walking into the museum in the "Nursery." Exactily how I imagined it. Waived at family and friends on live web cam. Met Larry, a great guy and our tour guide for the rest of the day. After some admin stuff, which was still fun for me, we went on a personal plant tour. Wow!! Great to see these beauties being made by people with reall passion. Also go to see some of the last JSB colored vettes coming of the line. The people were friendly and learning about the process from start to finish was fascinating. Frame through finish. Simply a great experience. Can't wait to get the album we ordered. 2+ hour tour! Plenty of time to stop and ask questions. Actually got to drive a GS off the line and became part of the build process. Yes!! Moved on to Museum tour. A wonderful place. You could spend days there and love every minute. Can't wait to get back. We loved the personal tour of the museum too. Larry and all employees were exceptional. After the tour and buying a bunch of stuff (a lot of C-Magic detail stuff) we unwrapped the ribbons on the sweet ride and Larry drove me out of the museum down Victory Lane, while ~ 50 employees cheered us on. We took some pictures outside of the museum (attached) and fired up the OnStar and blue tooth and off we went to stay over at the Victorian Bed-n-Breakfast about 10 miles outside of Bowling Green. The ten miles was worth it. Great hosts, beauiful home, and the owner even let us use the garage. Don't miss this place,when you visit the NCM. We headed to Peduka, KY, and took my honey to the National Quilt Museum, She's an outstanding quilter. Started home and stopped at a local motel in Elizabeth Town. Did not sleep much, with my eyes on the window and the sweet ride most of the night. Began the ten hour drive back to Maryland. All was well until the mud slide in West Virginia. No damage and we were about a mile behind it when they cleaned it up. 30 minute delay and on the road again. Great ride until niight fall when the rain and fog began and did not end until we were back close to home in MD. The new sweet ride performed admiirably even if I had to find a few gears I didn't think I would need on IS 79. The next day I broke out the C-Magic, put a fresh coat of wax on her. OK, detailed her as well.:) and I am still putting the finishing touches on the garage. Mostly finished, just waiting for the new racing floor to come in. Pics are OK, but not great, taken from an iPhone and have to get pics off my honey, who did bring a camera. More pics to follow. Hope you all got an idea of the great time we had. Thanks to all of you for helping me with my lack of patience during the wait, my sales guy, Joey at Criswell Corvette in MD and an exceptional NCM and plant staff. Do this!!!!!!!!!!!
:happyanim::beer

Attachments

• Museum3.jpg
    Museum3.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 125
  • corvette@museum.jpg
    corvette@museum.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Museum5JPG.jpg
    Museum5JPG.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Museum4JPG.jpg
    Museum4JPG.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Museum6.jpg
    Museum6.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 136
Doggone, is that the patrol waiting for you in the last pic?:L What a gorgeous Vette!

Sweet Ride

I love my sweet ride and did not see the PC until looked closer at pics too. Funny...no issues. Great ride home!:L

Looks like it was a great trip. I'm not that far from you guys in Ellicott City - hopefully will see you at some of the local events. If all goes according to plan, will be getting a 2012 there in BG not too far down the road.

Enjoy the '12. Sweet ride! Hope to meet soon.

Looks like it was a great trip. I'm not that far from you guys in Ellicott City - hopefully will see you at some of the local events. If all goes according to plan, will be getting a 2012 there in BG not too far down the road.
Hey volsfan0911........my wife and I lived in Ellicott City in 1970, 71, 72, and 73 while I was employed at National Security Agency.
Nice place to live. We were in the Town and Country Apartments, and they've since gone condo. Small world....... HIJACK OVER!
Andy Anderson :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom