Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Over the final hurdle!

JoeB

Corvette
1994 Torch Red Hatchback
Most of you can relate to the fact that we can want and dream all day long but until momma gives the green light the garage will not become home to anything other than the family cruiser.

This morning, we won't discuss how, I got the green light. Yippee!!! :D

The blank check from Capital 1 is on it's way. I bough my last vehicle with their blank check program and it's a great way to purchase a used vehicle. ( No advertising intended here.)

I also want to thank all of you again that responded to my introduction post. I appreciate the information and pics.

Ok, now I need to call the insurance company. :eek:hnoes

:) Congratulations. Of course we will be expecting pictures as soon as you get it home.

Tom

:upthumbs

Update

Just thought I'd post some details in case anyone else out there is curious about any of this information:

Originally I was looking at 60 month financing, but bumped that up to 72 months. The rate ended up being 10.75 which surprised me, but Capital One was the best deal last time I used them so I'm not going through the aggravation of spending a lot of time to save a fraction of a percent. It makes a difference if you buy from a individual rather than a dealership, etc.

I got insurance quotes for 3 different years for a comparison. For 6 months in Michigan: 1988 $698, 1991 $891, 1994 $766
I thought this was high based on quotes I received last January. After calling my agent the final numbers are $492 every 6 months for the 1994 with a storage rate for 6 months of $161. For a difference of $330 it just might be worth it to keep full coverage year around so I can run the car should a nice day come along during the winter.

This coming Sunday I'll be looking at a 1994 6-speed. This time next week I just might be :D :beer , we'll see.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom