Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

P0449 annoyance

Wavedoggie1

Corvette
Supercharged 2007 Blue coupe
My 07 threw a code P0449 and had a burning smell. Re-seated the gas cap and reset the code. The code repeated a few miles later. Put the car on a lift and found a mouse cooked to the center exhaust support (Explained the smell anyway). Set Evap vent ON and OFF with no click or vibration. The coil measured several Meg ohms, and did not click when directly connected to 12V, so it is probably bad.
I also checked the control wiring and it read 11.6V and did not change when commanded to open or close with a diagnostic tool. I am replacing the Evap vent valve ($25). There was no short, so it seems unlikely the ECM is bad too. Anyone have some insight to this problem?

Thanks

P90449 is a fault in the evap system, specifically with the canister vent valve. You have the right tools to solve the code. All you need is the FSM

In most cases, the solution can be either a repair of wiring, a new vent solenoid, a new ECM or some comination of any of those.

While the diagnosis you done so far is not quite what the manual suggests, if I'm reading your post correctly, I agree with your decision is probably right.

If you have the FSM, it lists a procedure by which you can confirm the valve's condition and the ECM's condition by using a test lamp.

Thanks Hib, I did try a test lamp and it did not light up, which worries me. The part will arrive in a few days and will will report the result.

The new valve measures 19.6 ohms. Installed it and the code has not returned.
So if yours measures ~6meg ohms- Its bad!