Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

P1416C Code

81 MAKO

Corvette
2010 Grand Sport 6-spd manual~ 2001 cpe auto trans
Need some help~ my 2001 has this reoccurring code P1416 which is the #2 Air System Bank (nothing to do with performance) which when I clear it its only for a short time and seems to come back quickly when I hit the throttle. Anyway if any of you have had this problem whether its a valve or hose pleased let me know what it is and where its located on the car. A digital picture would be great but I can follow good instructions to locate it. There has not been anyone really working under the hood or replacement of parts--had a front driver head-lamp motor replaced in Oct'06 under warrantey? I do have the complete listing on codes for the C5...you guys have a great weekend..

dave

Made My DAY !

I've never had the problem but here is a link that might help.

Here

Partner you made my week, I saw the LINK and I am on it, Have a great weekend in TN , ever in my area give a yell.

dave

c5y2k thanks for the referal

I copied the complete page from my web site.
http://pages.videotron.com/vette747/
Remove intake manifold.

Intake removal
&
Oil sensor
or
check valve replacment (P1416)

Do not be intimidated. It is easy. Just disconnect some hoses and connectors. Then you remove the bolts holding the intake.

It takes a pair of pliers, flat screw driver, 8 mm socket and 1 1/8 deep socket.

If you replace the check valve, you will need a 22 mm and 1 inch wrench and maybe a 10mm socket.

-Jack the car
-Drain half of a gallon of dexcool
-Remove the coil pack cover
-Remove all the hose and connector circle in green.

-Continue removing the connectors and hoses circle in green.
-Push on the metal clip to disconnect the injectors.

-Continue to disconnect the hoses and connectors circle in green.
-Push on the grey clip to remove the vacuum hose.
-Do Not remove the fuel lines circle in bleu. The hoses are long enough to move the intake forward enough to replace the oil sensor or the air pipe.
-Remove the 10 8 mm bolts holding the intake. And move the intake forward 6 inches.
-Clean the intake and heads contact surface. I use brake cleaner.

-When you pull the intake forward a bit, then disconnect the MAF connector and hoses coming from the brake booster.
-When you pull the intake forward, the small hose circle in green will be disconnected. Do not forget to put it back. This vacuum line controls the AC doors.

-When you are there, you can do your work.
-Disconnect and remove the oil pressure sensor. I used a 1 1/8 6 side deep socket.
-Install a new sensor and torque to 15 ft lbs.
-If you replace the check valve, you may have to remove the tube if check valve is jammed. Disconnecting the air pipe from the tube took longer than removing the intake. I had to remove the passenger air tube to be able to heat an then I was able to remove the air pipe. I found that the threads were blocked by carbon. This is why I was unable to unscrew the valve. Removing the air pipe is easy. Only two 10 mm bolts on the exhaust manifold. You do not have to remove completely the other 10 mm bolts closed to the valve to remove the other bracket. There is a slot in the bracket, you just loose the 10 mm bolt and you can lift the air tube.

-You see circle in red where the small hose connects to. I found easier to remove the rubber elbow from the MAF and attach it to the small hose. Then connect to the MAF.

-Put back the connectors and intake. I put some electric tape to hold the two rear 8 mm intake bolts to stop them of going down, therefore, they do not hold to the head holes.
-Torque intake bolts 44 lb in first pass and 89 lbs in second pass using the pattern below.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom