Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint Chip Touch Up

FlagCraig

Corvette
2003 Anniversary Edition Coupe
Have a chip on the inside of one of my T-tops. 1970. It is visible. Little less then half the size of pinky nail.

I just bought the touch up paint (factory match).

Question: What's the best way to do it? Looking for a good look. Does not have to be perfect.

Thanks.

Have a chip on the inside of one of my T-tops. 1970. It is visible. Little less then half the size of pinky nail.

I just bought the touch up paint (factory match).

Question: What's the best way to do it? Looking for a good look. Does not have to be perfect.

Thanks.

I apply my touch up paint with special small touch up paint applicators that I go from Griots Garage a long time ago (the brushes works good, but I do NOT recommend Groits Garage, for multiple reasons). I usually apply the paint in layers and build it up to match the thickness of the original, and a trick I learned quickly while doing it this way was to put a small amount of the paint in a small container and add paint thinner to it before applying. Touch up paint out of the bottle is usually very thick and streaks or makes a big blob if you just apply it out of the bottle. If a mistake is made it is easy to remove the touch up paint with paint thinner or lacquer thinner and try it again. Good luck with it. :)

I've kinda gotten away from "traditional" touch-up paint and methods.

I ran across "AutomotiveTouchUp" paint pens awhile back and have become hooked on that productd. These touch-up pens are available in primer, base coat and clear coat. You order them by manufacturer paint code.

The paint pen method of application is a lot easier IMO.

I first found about this stuff at the AutomotiveTouchUp's web site.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom