Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Paint Chips

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

freds

Corvette
1993 Conv Anniversary Addition
I have 1993 Ruby that I just bought and it has a few small rock chips on hood. Has anybody used Dr Chip to repair chips or should I just leave them alone.

Thanks

Fred

I talked to a club member last week about this and he says Dr. Chip works great,might have to look into buying it,better than the methods out there from Auto Zone.

paint Chip

I talked to a club member last week about this and he says Dr. Chip works great,might have to look into buying it,better than the methods out there from Auto Zone.

Thanks for your help I guess I will try it out in spot you can't see 1st and see how it goes. I will let you know

Fred

I've used the Dr. Color system twice on my 93 40th. No MIRACLE but best product I've used. NO BLOBS. Blends in very well. Took road rash from a 10ft to a 5ft. Not bad for a car that is driven and raced.

just used the Dr chip not bad,for $39 its worth a try

I used one of the paint pens with the paint and the clear coat all in one. I have a 2015 white sting ray and it did work great. The only problem I now have is when I used the 2000 grit sandpaper it wore the clear coat around the chip away as well. I am freaking out and it is driving me crazy as my car is like 3 weeks old....anyone have any ideas how to buff the area back to the glossy shine...thanks

Try polishing compound not rubbing compound,when removing the excess paint,use a credit card wrapped in a t shirt material soaked in laquer thinner.

Try polishing compound not rubbing compound,when removing the excess paint,use a credit card wrapped in a t shirt material soaked in laquer thinner.

Actually I bought just that tonight and it worked really good. Restored the shine. I didn't want to rub too much but I think it's good enough. I just know its there so it bugs me lol. I did purchase a bra but they are back ordered. Just love that car. Thanks sooo much for the reply!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom