Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: paint codes plate inside driver door

productpedler

Corvette
1982 Silver over Charcoal#1654
Can anyone send me to a link or tell me what each number means on the paint code data plate for an 82. This plate is aluminum and located on the drivers side front door pillar.

I guess it is actually called a trim tag. Can someone help decode mine.

C 12A 101654
13I 13L 13U 39M E
Chevrolet

I think this is correct, referencing the Corvette Black Book ;)

C 12A = December 12th, 1981
101654 = S/N (last six digits of the VIN)
13I 13L 13U 39M E = Silver / Charcoal (paint) Silver Leather Interior

If this isn't correct, hopefully someone will correct me.

Also here at the Action Center if you go to the drop down menu "Tech Center" toward the top of the page, then go to "Model Center" and click on 1982 for more information on your 1982 ;)

Bud

I think all is correct except my car has and looks to have always had cloth interior.

C 12A = December 12th, 1981

The A represents the first week of the month, so it would be between 1st and 7th of December, not the 12th.

I also do not show a silver cloth interior for 82, only leather:confused

Talked to the original owner and he says it had cloth form the factory???????? I also talked to someone at corvette america and he sent me some samples of 81 and 82 interiors and mine seems to match their code#68. I dont know if that is a GM# or CA#??

If it was built at Bowling Green, then you can order a build sheet from the NCM.

...C 12A 101654...13I 13L 13U 39M E...

C code for 1982 model year
12 December
A first week of December
101654 VIN derivitive
13I Silver gray cloth Bowling Green sometimes substituted an I for what would have been a C
13/39 two tone paint - silver over dark silver.

:)

The L and the U after a paint colour code designate Lower and Upper body panels. It's a standard system used throughout Chevrolet.

Yep and tossed right out the window for the 81 and 82 two tone models since the tags have a third code for the actual lower color.

Screwy.

:thumb

Yeah, it would make sense. 13I silver interior, 13L silver lower exterior. 13U silver upper exterior, But then we have the 39M which is the actual lower color exterior.
Just trying to make it all add up. I'm in the process of a basic in/out restore and want to make sure it goes back original.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom