Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint lifting-where do I turn?

Bob Nunes

Corvette
2004 Arctic White coupe
I found one spot on the driver's door that I thought was a scratch. I then found another one beginning today. I called the dealership and the service manager was on vacation, so I have to call back Monday. I bought this car @ 4 months ago and really didn't notice until I tried to use the Scratch Doctor to get the "scratch" out and I noticed the lifting of the paint. This 04 just came off warranty. I had a 95 Grand Prix which, back then, had a paint problem with the blue cars. They painted the car even though it was 4 years old. Do any of you fine folks have any suggestions as to how I should proceed with this? I haven't heard of any recalls on this. My 04 is arctic white. Your help, as always, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I found one spot on the driver's door that I thought was a scratch. I then found another one beginning today. I called the dealership and the service manager was on vacation, so I have to call back Monday. I bought this car @ 4 months ago and really didn't notice until I tried to use the Scratch Doctor to get the "scratch" out and I noticed the lifting of the paint. This 04 just came off warranty. I had a 95 Grand Prix which, back then, had a paint problem with the blue cars. They painted the car even though it was 4 years old. Do any of you fine folks have any suggestions as to how I should proceed with this? I haven't heard of any recalls on this. My 04 is arctic white. Your help, as always, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

First we'd have to know how far out of warranty your car is but I'd definitely try to get it repainted or at least repaint the area in question. Talk to the service mgr of the dealership and get in good with him/her. It will be him/her talking to the area GM rep trying to convince him that the car should be repainted. Good luck.

It came off warranty last month. I had the right mirror replaced, but never noticed the paint lifting. You have to be very close to it to see it. I'd rather have them authorize the painting rather that try to chase them for the money afterwards.

I'd give it a try and get them to repaint the area you're concerned about. One month off warranty isn't all that much but you know how large corporations can be when it comes to tightening their belt. Just remember that it's the service mgr that going to be going to bat for you. If you voice your concern logically I'm sure you'll get more from them.

And who knows...the serv mge might just surprise you and say they'll repaint it for you.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom