Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint my calipers

PAULIE B

Corvette
2007 sliver, 02 sold ,87 sold
Hey guys,I want to paint my calipers any suggestions? How do I lift the car to take the tires off and what paint to use?Thanks,Paul

Got a caliper paint kit out of Ecklers. $39. Had everything you need to do a good job.Took the tires off. Cleaned calipers really well (really well) with brake cleaner. Then painted. Looks great and was simple to do.Paint the entire front face of the caliper. Let dry thoroughly then use razor blade to scrape off corvette lettering.

I use VHT in a rattle can from AutoZone. I took to calipers off of the rotors and cleaned them really well with solvent. Then mask of the car really well. Sprayed them with light coats until I got them desired color. Them I took a old t-shirt and stretched over my index finger, dipped it in paint thinner and wiped the paint off of the letters.

I used the caliper paint kit from autozone, was around 20$

took the wheels off, used small paint brushes to get around letters...i got the red, it really makes the pop....took about 2 hours from start to finish

Hey guys,I want to paint my calipers any suggestions? How do I lift the car to take the tires off and what paint to use?Thanks,Paul

To lift the car there are a few different methods. You can use jacking or lifting pucks, pads...either make your own from hockey pucks and steel eyelets or buy a set, or you can use wood across the undercarriage frame members (front & rear) with a couple of low profile jacks to lift the car (or you could do one wheel at a time) and then jack stands under the car. Do a search and you will come up with a number of threads...I can't remember if ther are any sticky's on the subject. You may also want to think about powder coating them, much more durable, costs about $310 for the set with exchange.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom