Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint quirk

C_Dogg

Corvette
'07 Vert Triple Black
OK folks, I've got a strange situation. When I wash the car or get it wet from rain I get a discoloration on the sill and on the door jam on the drivers side. The car is Torch Red, and on these spots it turns almost white when water sits there. I tried wiping it dry and applying a wax sealer but that didn't do anything. This is not a critical thing, but it will scare you the first time it happens. I didn't mention it but, it returns back to red after it dries out completely, and it is never the same pattern. Am I the only one with this symptom? Does anyone have an answer to this? :confused

paint discoloration

I get the same thing on my black '97. I always wash it myself, so I dry the doorsills, but I do get that with rain on occasion.

I see the samething on mine also. I guess this makes it, us all normal.
LOL
tom

I get the same thing on my black coupe. I bought the door edge seals you see in the magazines. It helped very little in keeping water out. Waste of $$$$$ :(

Time for an exorcism

In reply to RPH, I bought the sill protectors also, but not to keep out the water but to save the sills. I'm 6'2", and have rheumetoid arthritis, and I 'm here to tell you, its difficult to get out of the car without rubbing or scraping a heel on the sill. The protectors have kept my sills in "like new" condition. It's just a pain in the butt when you wash the car, you should remove them to prevent creating a pocket for the water. :s

What I was talking about was the strips that attach to the bottom of the door itself. I know what you are taling about also.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom