Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint repair

RfirstVette

Corvette
My daughters car got a door ding in a parking lot and the other car was apparently red. Hers is silver.

What is the first thing you woud do to try and remove the Red paint ? Any cleaners that could be used ? Or do I need to go straight to sand paper/buffing ?

Thanks,
Happy Thanksgiving!

maybe first try a polish (not a wax but a polish like Liquid Glass) or a very mild rubbing compound.

3m makes a product called Finesse it. This is a mildly abrasive compound that is generally used for buffing cars. If you apply this to a rag and rub the area you should be able to remove the paint and not alter the appearance of the car.

Try this first and if you need something more abrasive then you can use a rubbing compound on the car and then the finesse compound. The 3m part number is 3M-05928

Regards,

WILLCOX INC.

Thanks for the help.

I thought that would be what I would do but just thought I'd ask. I do have some finesse it handy.

Thanks again,
Gary

I use DuPont White Enamel Polishing Compound on a damp cloth. . it's not too abrasive. Then go over the area with a good waz to remove the light scratches.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom