Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint work - The Final Finish, a project car...

*89x2*

Found this link from the shop that has been painting many of Callaway's cars - here is the LINK:
callaway09.JPG

:eek That poor C12! It looks like they ran it into a curb while parking!

I have one of these cracks near the blinker on my Z28, similar to this:
callaway03.JPG

I don't know what the front bumper of the C12 is made of (carbon fiber?) but the Camaro's front bumper is essentially plastic, so it can't be repaired. Whenever that happens to a Camaro, most people replace the bumper because if they patched the cracks, they always reappear when the bumper gets hot and the patch doesn't expand at the same rate as the plastic.

Also... to me... this picture looks like unacceptable work to me. Unless the other side is that misaligned, that is just awful.
callaway17.JPG

Brangeta, actually, it is very common for the bumper covers of modern cars (like the Camaro) to be repaired :cool

The C12 under re-construction, is a daily driven car and as such, I suspect the *bump* it took, mis-aligned what you see there. Trust me, the Final Finish does amazing work! :upthumbs

That's good that the place does good work. I wish I could find a good bodyshop in the Dallas area someday :ugh. Maybe I should ask shopview?

As I said, people who have tried having the plastic front bumpers of their 4th gen Camaros fixed always end up with the damage reappearing. People have tried bondo, super glue, epoxy, fiberglass, tigerhair, and even melting the two parts back together with very very little success. You guys with all-fiberglass cars are lucky in that respect -- you can repair the damage! For the Camaro's front bumper (and I suppose rear bumper since it is also plastic--though it seems to actually repair better since it is under very little stress and flex) it's just a process of buying a new one or living with what you've got. :bang

Good luck with a Dallas Bodyshop...:ugh ...maybe 8338 knows someone but I wouldn't go close to any of the ones I've seen over the past 20 years....worth the shipping costs for sure.

I send my cars to California or CT only. Final Finish did the 1994 complete restoration for me while it was at Callaway...excellent work.

BTW, If anyone needs a spare Aerobody bumper PM me with an offer...no lens just the rear bumper in white. We purchased the center speedster exhaust and bumper from Callaway this year. I was going to make a sofa for the garage out of the other one but have never had the time to find a place to make it.

That's good that the place does good work. I wish I could find a good bodyshop in the Dallas area someday :ugh. Maybe I should ask shopview?

As I said, people who have tried having the plastic front bumpers of their 4th gen Camaros fixed always end up with the damage reappearing. People have tried bondo, super glue, epoxy, fiberglass, tigerhair, and even melting the two parts back together with very very little success. You guys with all-fiberglass cars are lucky in that respect -- you can repair the damage! For the Camaro's front bumper (and I suppose rear bumper since it is also plastic--though it seems to actually repair better since it is under very little stress and flex) it's just a process of buying a new one or living with what you've got. :bang

EDIT: I asked my dad if he was interested in it, but he wasn't.

Very easy to repair the plastic bumpers. I have had serveral done on newer Trans Ams. Never had any problems with the repairs. You just need to find a good body shop.

Yep, The Yellow C12 was there for the first rework back in 2003....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom