Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Painting around the flag tricks

R

R.T.

Does anyone have any tricks to painting around the flags on a 1967 fuel door,,,Thanx

Careful, patient, masking is the key. If the masking isn't right, just re-mask it until it is. Oh, and get the right masking tape from your auto body/paint supply wholesaler/retailer, the chepa tan stuff from the hardware store won't give the results you seek.

Don

Careful, patient, masking is the key. If the masking isn't right, just re-mask it until it is. Oh, and get the right masking tape from your auto body/paint supply wholesaler/retailer, the chepa tan stuff from the hardware store won't give the results you seek.

Don

I agree. It just takes time and care.

clear-coat-11-400.jpg

x422jk.jpg

Does anyone have any tricks to painting around the flags on a 1967 fuel door,,,Thanx

Whenever I need to do any detailed masking, I use a magnifying visor (twin magnifying lenses that you wear like a visor) to make sure that the lines remain exact and crisp, but any magnifying device would work. I usually use the blue painters masking tape, but if you need to stretch around curves, you may want to try something vinyl like pinstriping or electricians tape. Good luck!

I think he taped it upside down. :L

The auto paint stores have a product called fine line tape. It gives a crisp edge and comes in several widths.

Herb,
Your comment "I think it looks crooked" was classic.. I've never met 67 HEAVEN but I do remember when he reworked his rear bumper becuase someone made a similar comment.
67--I think the gas cap is perfect...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom