Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

painting the nose

U

urleycay

i have a ruby red 93 coupe and need to paint the nose (rock chips, 1 stress crack) i will have to fix one spot and sand and repaint. my question is; when i primer the nose i will use a epoxy sealer/primer and am wondering if the factory primer was tinted w/ base color or was it just grey. i have the correct paint ($160.00 qt) and want to match the nose to car he best i can.
thanks

i have a ruby red 93 coupe and need to paint the nose (rock chips, 1 stress crack) i will have to fix one spot and sand and repaint. my question is; when i primer the nose i will use a epoxy sealer/primer and am wondering if the factory primer was tinted w/ base color or was it just grey. i have the correct paint ($160.00 qt) and want to match the nose to car he best i can.
thanks
Be sure to use Flex agent in the Primer or a flexable parts primer!! The factory primer was not tinted!!!!

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=809286&postcount=3

:upthumbs

thanks almost forgot about flex agent. was the factory primer for ruby red light or dark grey?

thanks almost forgot about flex agent. was the factory primer for ruby red light or dark grey?
I've found both under it,I've even found red oxide on some years!!:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom