Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Parking brake cables..

youwish2bme

Corvette
White 66 vert
I'm currently rebuilding the rear end of my 66 and was reading the Restorer's article on the parking brake cables. It's stated that the ones being sold currently are incorrect and lists a guy that has the correct cables. So now for my question of the day.. The million dollar question.. Has anyone seen the 3 different types that ZIP or any of the other vendors offered. I don't really need NCRS correct but just something that looks like it. I guess the better question is should I even worry about replacing the cables from the handle all the way to the t/a's ?

Since that article came out,I recently seen an advertizement (where I dont remember) That some one is making a correct reproduction cable. I have a reprodution one in my car that needs to be changed.I purchased it from zip 2 years ago.The problem I had with mine (besides them not looking correct) was that the front cable sheith ends (fore and aft) were too big to fit in there retainers,I had to slightly file with a rat tale file to allow the retaining bolt to go through. I had meant to aorder the correct replacement and lost the advertizement I had.I almost think I saw it in the NCRS drive line or the restorer. Good Luck

If your cables are in decent shape and you still have adjustment left at the equalizer, probably no need to replace them. Any of the cables sold by the vendors will work fine; the detail differences shown in the article vs. the originals are worth about one point in judging (out of 4500).
:beer

John, I was near the end of adjustment but thought that could just be b/c of worn out parking brake shoes. Zip lists three different cables I guess I need to see if they post a picture in the online catalog... Dave..

I bought the set made by Inline tube. It comes in a kit. Looks just like the original. I have not installed it yet.. I bought mine off ebay for $81, shipped. Kurt

Do you have any contact information on this company? Dave..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom