Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Parting out 1990 L98

z34ls1

Corvette
2001 Quicksilver M6
Greetings, I got the 90 L98 running thanks to this forum. I bought this car for it's Drivetrain, I plan on it going into my 66 Chevy 2.

Originally the car was white but has been painted Red twice since, the paint is terrible so don't count on using any Body Parts without having to Paint them. As of today the whole car is in tact, and I will consider selling it whole for a fair price. On 10-11-08 I plan on stripping the Car. No title came with the car but a Bill of Sale did and a Local Vet lot owner said he could get a title after 45 days of storage. Title story is as follows, my friend traded a Dodge Stealth Turbo for the 90 Vette and never got the title because the previous owner went to Jail. He was released in March of this year but currently has a warrant for his arrest out. I ran a police check on the vin and it comes back clean, I have a friend at the BMV who ran a trace on the title, the guys name is on it But it has a lien from a Service/Sales Shop for whatever reason. The Company with a lien on the title has since filed Bancruptcy so they have no claim to the car.

Everything is there except for the Stereo, I have a digital Camera and can send pictures of any part that you may be interested in if needed.

The passenger side rims are off my '91 and they are damaged.

Here is the Car:
img021.jpg

There are a couple of things I am looking for. The first is the Bose radio receiver/amplifier, with connectors, that resides in the aft compartment behind the passenger seat. The Delco model number on my radio tag is 16178351. There may be others that work as well. The second is a set of parts. They are the front roof mounting brackets attached to the widshield frame as well as the plastic covers and cross plastic that goes from one side to the other. For some reason, my vette has the '87/'88 style brackets. I purchased it used and have no clue why that is. Also, GM at one point sold a retrofit kit for converting early vette's to the '89-'96 type.
Thnx... Ron

The car had an Aftermarket Stereo in it. I'll check the compartment for the Goodies though.
I don't know why your car had the old Brackets either, this car is a 90 and has the same interior as your 93 and my 91. I'm not sure what the difference is but I will snap a photo of them and send it to you later today. I'm working on my Z57 today, the Vette is there at my Shop to. If I don't send you a Picture tonight I will first thing in the morning.

Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom