Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Parting out a 1981 Vette

81 Corvette said:
Here is my list of goodies....

Power window switches
Bezel around the center guages
door locks mechinisms
steering wheel (is it wood?)
wheel caps if they aren't already gone
nose emblem is its there and in good shape
speedo if it goes higher then 85mph
How about $10 for the power window switches plus $2.50 shipping.
Not sure what you mean for door lock mechanisms?

The other items are either spoken for or damaged.

Door lock mechinism = all the parts that go from where you put the key into the door, to where it latches onto the stud in the door opening... make sense? if not, i'll dig up a diagram. :lol:

basically, i busted a key off in the passenger side door lock, and i want to replace the entire system.

10 bucks is fine by me. let me know where and how to send the funds

81 Corvette said:
Door lock mechinism = all the parts that go from where you put the key into the door, to where it latches onto the stud in the door opening... make sense? if not, i'll dig up a diagram. :lol:

basically, i busted a key off in the passenger side door lock, and i want to replace the entire system.

Okay, now I understand. I prefer to hold off on breaking into the doors yet.

I will be pulling the glass to save for my car, so I may pull the lock stuff at that time.

BluewaspIs the following still for sale?

Steering wheel?
Knock Sensor?

Price?
The steering wheel is bent. The knock sensor is availalbe. Do you need it shipped to Germany? We could do $10 for the sensor and $12 for the shipping via USPS. Send me a PM if you want to do that.

wwilkinsDid you sell the tops? What color are they?

Bill
Still waiting to hear back from somebody on the tops.

69MyWay said:
They are kind of silver smoke looking.

They may be spoken for. I am waiting to see.
Thanks but..
:cry Not the color I am looking for. I have Grey safety float mirrors on now, my originals are the Blue flo-lite, drivers side has stress crack.

69....I'll take the clip that holds the transmission shifter cable in place on teh transmission mounting bracket as well along with the shifter cable.

PM payment details and I'll send funds via check or paypal or whatever.

81 Corvette said:
69....I'll take the clip that holds the transmission shifter cable in place on teh transmission mounting bracket as well along with the shifter cable.

PM payment details and I'll send funds via check or paypal or whatever.
Not sure about that part yet. I will get it broken down in a couple of weeks so we can see those parts and make sure they are good.

I have a new idea:

This is getting tough to keep up with who wants what..etc.

So. Just email me

chrisnikki@juno.com

With the parts you are looking for.

After this Hurricane blows over I am going to strip the car down to the last part. I can quote you prices/shipping on things you need and let you know when they are available.

How does that sound?

Chris: email sent.

Joe

81 Corvette said:
Here is my list of goodies....

Power window switches
Bezel around the center guages
door locks mechinisms
steering wheel (is it wood?)
wheel caps if they aren't already gone
nose emblem is its there and in good shape
speedo if it goes higher then 85mph
Okay....got the power window switches out this weekend.

I have the center gauge pod out, but not sure how the bezel comes off.

81 Corvette said:

Got the entire door hardware mechanism out and listed the door shells on ebay with/without the guts.

If they sell without the guts I will have the "entire" door lock mechanism as you described kicking around.

Send me a pm or check back with me in 7 days when that auction is over and maybe we can wrap up the switches and the lock mechisms (unless the doors sell with the locks).

Hey guys, I have busted my butt and parted the following items out. I listed them on ebay.

This includes:

1. COMPLETE a/c system, less the condenser (perfect for anybody done a retrofit on an older model

2. COMPLETE Power steering system including pump, brackets, gear box, etc. (perfect for you C3 guys with manual steering)

3. COMPLETE cruise control servo, vacuum pull, wires, switches, and hoses

4. COMPLETE AIR/SMOG pump.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=69myway&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Hi 69MyWay,
have you sold the T-Tops yet? If not, how much are you asking and how much would the shipping be to Cali.
Thanks-
Seth

sethmerica said:
Hi 69MyWay,
have you sold the T-Tops yet? If not, how much are you asking and how much would the shipping be to Cali.
Thanks-
Seth
They just went last week on ebay for $515.00

69MyWay,

Have you sold the rear glass for the car? If not, how much do you want for it?

Black '78 said:
69MyWay,

Have you sold the rear glass for the car? If not, how much do you want for it?
It is a heated rear window unit. I have not sold it.

It is not something I would consider shipping though due to the size and weight.

If you or a friend will be in the area and wants to pull it, its yours for $50.

I am in N.E. Florida zip 32073

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom