Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Passenger Door Panel

I have a 93 Ruby. The door handle has unattached where the narrow part of the handle enters the panel. Sorry I don't have a picture at this time.

Ok now I understand. I think the roll pin has come out of the handle. Start by popping the light out above the handle. There is a screw behind the light that holds the cover there. Next at the bottom pull the door lock lever forward and put a small screwdriver behind it and pry it off the post for the door lock mechanism. Look carefully behind the sliding post for the screw that is there. Finally take the screw out that is visible by the door handle. You should now be able to remove that piece and expose the door handle mechanism. Hopefully the pin that holds the handle in place has fallen out. Worse case is someone horsed the handle and broke it off. If the handle is actually broken then maybe a salvage yard for Corvettes would have a good one.

Door Handle.jpg

Thanks John for the response. However, I think I may have confused you. It's not the door handle (the handle that that you pull to unlatch the door) but its the handle that you pull to close the door. I guess the correct term would be "door pull". Sorry for the confusion.

Ok I understand what it is now. After you take out the screws I have already identified you then remove the ones in the bottom of the little cavity on the door and around the bottom of the the door and both ends of the door panel now you pull th door handle out like you are opening the door and move the panel over it. Be carful to not disturb the wiring since it is very important to get it back exactly like it is or the panel won't go on properly. Anyway what you are looking for is just enough room to get to the back of the panel in the area of the door pull handle. The top of that handle is held in place by a bolt and most likely it has fallen out or been pulled out of the handle. That Handle is mounted to a bracket that goes to the window housing. Before you remove the panel pop the pieace that has the window switches in it out. With a flashlight look in the hole and see if the bolt that holds the bracket to the window frame is missing. You might also be able to feel around and see if the screw is in the bracket and the pull handle.

Last edited:
Just went out and pulled mine apart. The pull handle is fastened to a bracket that then is fastened to the window frame. If you pop the window up and down switch out you will be able to see the braket and the bolt that holds it in place. Unfortunatley if it is the one holding the handle to the bracket you will have to remove the panel to get to it.

Hey John. Thanks so much for all your assistance. Everything was as you stated. I did have to remove the panel as the screw that was attached to the handle had come out. As soon as I detached the panel, the screw fell out. Thanks again for going through the trouble of looking at yours. Take care.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom