Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Passenger mirror goes haywire with "memory"

eRiCdWoNg

Corvette
98 pewter mn6 coupe
Need some help with this one, when I press "memory" on my door the right mirror will aim towards the left. If I press it again it goes to the left some more. This happens every time I put the key in the car with the door closed as well, so I have to redjust the damn mirror every few times I drive the car. Very annoying. What the heck is going on here.

The mirror fully articulates in all directions just like it should. The only variable I see, is I replaced the mirror motor cause I ruined it by backing into the garage once. The replacement motor came with crimp splices. I used those the first time but it still did it. I cut those off and soldered and heat shrunk the connection. It still does it even after that.

I pulled the battery for a few days (waiting for parts on another project), no dice. It still does it. I suppose I will clean the ground next once I find out there it is. Perhaps replacing the BCM is in order on that side...

Help!

Thanks for the reply. This is what it came up with:
B2293 H
B2285 H
B2263 H
B2265 H
U1064 H

I should also mention, that when using the keypad adjusting the mirror LEFT or RIGHT it will only move a few degrees if I hold it down. I have to let the button up and press it again to keep it going. On the other mirror, or if I did up/down, I can hold the button and then it keeps going and going. I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

After this past winter's storage I also had problems with the passenger side mirror. It would adjust left right, but not up and down. I checked for error codes and the computer recognized the proplem with the passenger mirror. Don't remember the exact code, but it was for a fault with the right mirror motor.

Now here's where I feel very fortunate. I was introduced to an excellent mechanic right after I bought my 03 coupe. In addition to being one of the main techs at a local dealer, he also moonlights at home. He has a nice clean garage with a lift and access to all GM's technical stuff. He has helep me with my LG header install and Corsa exhaust.

Anyway, with two months left on my warranty, I bring the car into the dealer for him to fix my mirror problem. Now heres where having a mechanic on your side comes in. GM just wanted to send him another mirror motor to SPLICE in. He told me "if it were my car, I don't want any spliced wires on a waranty fix". He convinced GM to send him the whole mirror assembly with the harness. Of course by doing that the car was at the dealership for three days. (1 day troubleshooting, 1 day waiting for the assembly and painting it to match, 1 day reassembling) I'm not sure how much time was actually spent on my car over the three days, but I'm sure we're not talking small change here.

You know how you hate to leave your baby with anyone, let alone overnight, but he kept my car inside next to his workstation the whole time, boy does that take a load off your mind. The mirror job came out perfect, but this episode convinced me to get the extended waranty.

I've been to a number of Vette get togethers in the past few months, and at least three people mentioned right mirror problems. I didn't mean to be so long winded, but there's more than meets the eye with your problem. Hope this helps.

RocketJ

my drivers side mirror sometimes seems to "forget" where its supposed to be

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom