Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Passenger Window

N

Ncbosshoss

The passenger window is starting to move up way slower than usual. Anybody ever had a motor go bad on the C5 so soon? I have an 04 vert.

Chris

Never had a motor burn out on any of the Vettes I've owned, but there is a problem with the GM window regulators, they go on a regular basis. I've put 2 in my Silverado and one in my Yukon. Cost at the dealer is around $260.00 each. For a Vette, it may be alittle more using the "Vette Factor." Get ready to buy a new window regulator is what you are most likely looking at.

No problems with window motors in a C5. Had my '03 vert for just under 5 years and the windows always worked.

Thanks. It is working it just slows way down about half way up. No probs going down though.

Chris

Yep,I had 2 right replaced under warranty,1 less than 10,000 miles, 1 at 24,000 miles!!! Just changed the right one last Friday in my Buddy's 02 vert with 17,500 miles!!:upthumbs :D

My 04 passenger would not go down.....I held the switch and slammed the door several times and it has been working great ever since ....knock on wood !!!!!:beer

Gmjunkie,

Is this a major deal to replace the regulator?

Thx.

Chris

Really not a big deal if you have the service manuals. I've rplaced mine twice on the passenger side. Took a couple of hours the first time but only an hour the 2nd time around.

Po' Boy's Fix?

My Volvo started slowing way down years ago and was to a crawl a few times.

For the past five years I have been applying a coat of Rain-X and the darned thing works fine. In my case, I think the problem was the softening of the window seal and the increase (however slight), in friction.

My passenger regulator motor went out on my 02 sometime in 03 or 04, I think it was.

Tammy

My 04 passenger would not go down.....I held the switch and slammed the door several times and it has been working great ever since ....knock on wood !!!!!:beer

This would suggest to me that you could be getting a poor voltage feed; bad ground, pinched wire, which will burn out a motor in short order. For those that have replaced more than one on the same side I'd guess that's the problem rather that getting 2 bad motors in a row as some has stated. Parts replacement isn't always the cure, check your voltage load/draw while you're in there.

Gmjunkie,

Is this a major deal to replace the regulator?

Thx.

Chris
Piece of Cake!!!!! Just pay attention to the way you took it apart!!!!Some times the biggest part of the job is getting the trim panel off,without breaking the $3.86 a piece trim panel clips!!!!:upthumbs

I had the motor go out on my passenger window in 05 on an 01. Took it to the dealer and he said its a simple fix, only charged 90 for it so I had no complaints.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom