Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Passive door locks on a C5

dsimmonds53

Corvette
1997 Silver C5
I just replaced the batteries on my Passive key fobs. The passive lock has always been turned off. Now the car keeps locking every few minutes and sounds the horn. I tried to turn it off and on with the DIC. It still beeps every few minutes. Anybody know the proper way to disable passive locks on a '97 C5

I just replaced the batteries on my Passive key fobs. The passive lock has always been turned off. Now the car keeps locking every few minutes and sounds the horn. I tried to turn it off and on with the DIC. It still beeps every few minutes. Anybody know the proper way to disable passive locks on a '97 C5
I fought that battle with a 99 C5 about 7 years ago..for the life of me, I can't remember how I finally got it off..If it comes to me, I'll repost.

I fought that battle with a 99 C5 about 7 years ago..for the life of me, I can't remember how I finally got it off..If it comes to me, I'll repost.
Thanks for the reply. Actually it turned out to me being a Knucklehead. When I changed the battery, I accidently slipped the switch to on and didn't notice it. I cheeked both FOBs and made sure the switch was off and it works fine .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom