Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Passive keyless entry

navarreron

Corvette
1994 Convertible
I have a 1994 Convertible that I bought used in October. It's in great shape with 59000 miles. I've read that 94's came with the PKE and I can see the area on the center cluster that has the words Passive Keyless Entry on it but it doesn't light up. I also don't have the key fobs for it. I talked to the original owner and he said he wanted it but the dealership told him it wasn't available. Is that true or was someone telling a lie? Thanks for any help you can provide.

I think they were standard equipment in "94". Just to be sure check ur RPO"S for
AUO.

You may be able to pick up a FOB on e-bay for a reasonable.:J

I'm with Rabbit. Ebay will have them, or try under C4 parts on this forum, or on Corvette Forum.
The manual gives detailed instructions on how to program the fob, and that PKE is a real neet thing.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. What I still can't figure out though is why the PKE light in the center cluster doesn't light during startup. Should it light as part of the check light sequence?:confused

i have a 94 convert too. it was also missing the key fob. i bought mine from ecklers for 140 bucks. its a lot of money but its brand new. i dont trust auction sites. the pke light wont come on during start up. it only comes on when you re-program it. the fob will come with good instructions and a battery. the whole process takes 3 minutes. good luck.

If I remember correctly the PKE lights illuminate on start up if the system is activated.

If you decide to buy a new FOB from a retailer give Jeff Koop a call at Superior Chevrolet, PH. 800 728-8267.

You might want to check the PKE fuse. Its #26 in the pass/side fuse panel, 5 amp.:J

I think the only time the light turns on is while you are programming the system... I had a '93 that didn't come with the key fob (my 96 didn't either actually) and it was because the unit was broken in the car... the previous owner decided it was better to act like the car didn't have it, then say it was broken... My corvette tech told me the unit in the car is a common problem, and they aren't easy or cheap to replace, so I didn't do it.... I would advise borrowing a fob from a friend to see if the fob will program... if it does, then buy one... Maybe your local dealer will have one on hand they will let you borrow as well? that is what I did for my 96, and it worked... the 93 I used the locks like a normal car... hope this helps

Thanks for everyones input!

You people are the greatest!! This was my first post to this site and I was amazed at the responses. I'll give them all a try and let you know how it went. Again, thank you very much!

Ron:s

I just posted a question about this subject before I started reading through. Is this info accurate for the 92 model. I don't recall seeing the PKE on my instrument cluster. How can I tell for sure. On my camaro when you short the pins on the DLC to put it into program mode the door locks actuate. Do you know if it is the same for the Vette.
Thanks

i HAVE A 97 GRAND AM WITH PASSIVE ENTRY , WHERE CAN I GET A PROGRAMMER FOR IT?

Check you manual if you have it. On My 94 Camaro it tells you which pins to short on the DLC then it is just a matter of pushing any button on the FOB the control unit remembers the transmitted code from the fob and you are good to go.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom