Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Performance chip

Richard Marvin

Corvette
2004 zO6 COMMEMORATIVE EDITION
I'm not sure if I asked this question or not but, at my age, there are a lot of things I'm not sure of:rotfl

The GF Performance Chip clames that with this chip installed in the Corvette this will increase you HP up to 60 more horses and it will also increases your GPM. Being a new member of all the horse power my Z puts out I would like to here from those that have done it or at least had other people tell you about

See Ya Brothers and Sisters: SMOKIN Z:beer

I'm not sure if I asked this question or not but, at my age, there are a lot of things I'm not sure of:rotfl

The GF Performance Chip clames that with this chip installed in the Corvette this will increase you HP up to 60 more horses and it will also increases your GPM. Being a new member of all the horse power my Z puts out I would like to here from those that have done it or at least had other people tell you about
See Ya Brothers and Sisters: SMOKIN Z:beer

Welcome to the CAC Richard. I have a lot of respect for those to join a forum site and use their real name.
Ok, to answer your question...

2004 Z06es do not have "chips." Corvettes with "chips" haven't been made since 1993. Your Z does have an engine controls calibration, but it's in a non-removable flash prom inside the engine computer.

A vendor who claims 60 more horsepower from a stock LS6 engine with just a calibration change is BS'ing you in a big way.

A stock 04 Z06 with an aftermarket cal appropriate for a stock engine might make 10 more horsepower if you're lucky.

My 04 Z06 went from 405 to 430 horsepower but to get there I had to do the following

1.8:1 Crane Gold Race Rockers with dual valve springs
X pipe in the exhaust
aftermarket airbox
aftermarket MAF sensor
Green Filter
Denso IT-22 spark plugs
170° thermostat
Fluidyne radiator.
Custom calibration

To get to 465 hp would mean adding a "bigger" camshaft and cylinder head change along with headers and most likely another recalibration session.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom