Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Performance diff. Z06 vs. Regular C6 coupe

cnyc31976

Is there a REAL noticable difference between a Z06 and standard coupe ?

Is that the LS3 ?

Looking to buy soon, but would like a car with removable roof and I know Z06 doesn't do that. Hard to decide. Any thoughts ?

Thx,
Scott

I own a 2008 coupe with the LS3 430HP engine. I have never driven in a Z06 (LS7 engine with 505 HP) but the numbers I've seen and comments of Z06 owners tell me that yes there is a noticeable difference.

Let me say this though, the LS3 is a beast. When you put your foot down to 430HP the car is amazing and you can do it with the targa top off, hair on fire and blowing in the wind.:D

Edit: I intend for my next vette to be a Z06. By that time I may not have any hair to blow in the wind.

There is a noticable difference...past 2nd gear. You see, when the base 430HP engine is in the gears 1/2, it hooks up and drives. In the Z06, they spin and lose friction causing the rate of acceleration to be not as good as it could be. After 2nd gear it's all over...bigtime!

Is there a REAL noticable difference between a Z06 and standard coupe ?

(snip)
Any thoughts ?

Thx,
Scott

Well, my first thought was maybe this thread was a joke.:boogie

Ok...seriously...."Is there a REAL noticeable difference...?"
(as opposed to an imaginary imperceptable difference)?

Ok, ok....I'll just ask a question in return.

Is about 20% more power, more aggressive handling, about half a second in the quarter a 20 mph higher top speed a "noticeable" difference?

What are the drawbacks?
Higher price.
No targa roof.
Stiffer ride.

I have a C5 Z06 and the times when I can use anything even close to the full potential of the car are few and far between. So I wonder how much it really matters, anyway. Only you can answer that.

OK thanks guys, I ended up getting the coupe. I wanted a car ('Vette) with a top to take off. I believe 436hp will be plenty of FUN. :D

How does an '08 coupe w/3LT pkg & more, sell for $43,800 sound ?
Used with 1,083 miles on it too, from the dealer and balance of warranty 5/100.

Thanks again,
Scott

:thumb

OK thanks guys, I ended up getting the coupe. I wanted a car ('Vette) with a top to take off. I believe 436hp will be plenty of FUN. :D

How does an '08 coupe w/3LT pkg & more, sell for $43,800 sound ?
Used with 1,083 miles on it too, from the dealer and balance of warranty 5/100.

Thanks again,
Scott

:thumb
Since you're on the East Coast, I would suggest looking @ Kerbeck Chev in New Jersey. $43.8K should be easy to beat...for a NEW car. 48mo @ 0.0% or an add'l $1000 cash back. GMP pricing until Nov. 3.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom