Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Performance Upgrade Question

Dougs91

Corvette
1991 blue coupe
Hi everyone, have a chance to get an accel ported manifold and runners(they,re used) these are from another 91,and would be going on my 91. Is it worth the $500.00 he's asking in terms of any power increase? I might be able to get a ported plenum down the road as well. My 91 is an auto with 133,mi. Thanks:)

You most likely wont see much of a gain from these pieces alone, but they would be helpful for future mods especially if you plan on doing a cam change.

The price isn't too bad, although I've seen complete TPi systems for around that price. If you look at the price of the Accel manifold ($400 new) and the runners ($500 new) it may be worth it. You could always port your plenum out to match the Accel runners.

:w

Well, he's asking $500 but make him a lower offer and see if he takes it. Honestly, $500 isn't a bad price for those items. You can actually port the plenum yourself.

You will see some results but obviously not as much as you would once you also do the heads and cam. The L98 intakes were originally designed for the 305 engine! They were going to do away with the 350 but decided against that at the last minute and either didn't have time to redesign the manifold for a 350 or didn't want to spend the money (probably the latter with it being GM :L )

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Since it's got 133,mi. A rebuild will be in order in the future,and heads and cam are top on the list,so maybe get the manifold and runners now and store um' till needed. Doug:)

Dougs91 said:
Thanks for the thoughts guys. Since it's got 133,mi. A rebuild will be in order in the future,and heads and cam are top on the list,so maybe get the manifold and runners now and store um' till needed. Doug:)

That's a good idea. And if you can, get some long tube headers. Mad Mic has felt some incredible gains with the long tubes over the exhaust manifolds.

Ditch the stock exhaust system if you haven't already. Each stock muffler only flows out of one outlet!:ugh

Edmond, oh ya' headers are on the list as well. Amazing how the "list" just gets larger and larger,and then there's crate engines out there,and on and on.......:D

Dougs91 said:

That's basically what I've done. Collected parts. I'm so close now its got me itchy. Yes I've tinkered with some of them, and contemplated doing some more to this motor. I've stuck to the plan though and have all the parts for my stroker .... minus fuel rails, harmonic balancer, and short block (well yea thats kinda big one ... long story). All those parts are taking up the whole corner of the shop. :ugh Man I gotta' get this thing done.

Yea I got the TPIS long tube headers put in last month. Man what a difference. :lou

:w

Dougs91 said:
Edmond, oh ya' headers are on the list as well. Amazing how the "list" just gets larger and larger,and then there's crate engines out there,and on and on.......:D

Doug,

When you do rebuild, why stay at 350 CID?:D

Edmond, like Hrtbeat1, I'm looking at a doing a stroker too. Doug:)

Dougs91 said:
Edmond, like Hrtbeat1, I'm looking at a doing a stroker too. Doug:)

A 383 with TPI will make a lot of tire shredding torque. You'd better start collecting rear tires while you're at it!:L:L:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom