Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Phantom Fuse Question

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

WLS Ruby 93

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Coupe
It was a nice winter day here in central VA so I decided to do the remove/clean/reinstall my fuel gauge sending unit in my Ruby 93 to hopefully get my fuel gauge to working correctly. All went well and I tested the unit on the bench and when it was all cleaned I was able to measure a variable resistance when I moved the float up and down. The reinstallation went according to plan but I have a full tank of gas and I won't know if the unit is working until I burn some fuel. I took it for a run with no problems.

Now for my question: when I started the job and pulled the fuel pump fuse from position #14 on the passenger side fuse panel I noticed in the owner's manual that there are two fuel pump fuses, one at position 14 (FP 1) and another at position 15 (FP 2) but my #15 fuse is missing. The car has run fine since I bought it this past August without fuse 15 and now I am hesitant to install a 10A fuse in postion 15 because it wasn't there before.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the function of phantom fuse #15? Thanks.

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

It was a nice winter day here in central VA so I decided to do the remove/clean/reinstall my fuel gauge sending unit in my Ruby 93 to hopefully get my fuel gauge to working correctly. All went well and I tested the unit on the bench and when it was all cleaned I was able to measure a variable resistance when I moved the float up and down. The reinstallation went according to plan but I have a full tank of gas and I won't know if the unit is working until I burn some fuel. I took it for a run with no problems.

Now for my question: when I started the job and pulled the fuel pump fuse from position #14 on the passenger side fuse panel I noticed in the owner's manual that there are two fuel pump fuses, one at position 14 (FP 1) and another at position 15 (FP 2) but my #15 fuse is missing. The car has run fine since I bought it this past August without fuse 15 and now I am hesitant to install a 10A fuse in postion 15 because it wasn't there before.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the function of phantom fuse #15? Thanks.

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

ZR1's have two fuel pumps.

ZR-1

Thanks Toptechx6,

That puts my mind at ease.
Today I extracted "Ruby's" eyeballs to do bushing replacements on both sides. It's a good indoor project in this wet cold weather.

Keep 'em rollin'. :W
Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom