Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Photos of my 3-1/2-year'64 Restoration & Rebuild Process

Great looking project. Now you just need some nice weather to enjoy it.

Tom

I've been giving rides between snow storms when the roads are dry... I'm going to start calling this car "The Happy Machine," because everyone who rides in it comes back laughing hysterically from the ridiculous amount of torque and power - it's the funniest thing you've ever seen. I should put a "passenger cam" in the car just to record people's reactions...

I've been giving rides between snow storms when the roads are dry... I'm going to start calling this car "The Happy Machine," because everyone who rides in it comes back laughing hysterically from the ridiculous amount of torque and power - it's the funniest thing you've ever seen. I should put a "passenger cam" in the car just to record people's reactions...

67Heaven always hands people who he offers a ride a set of ear plugs and, after a few minutes, they're usually glad to put 'em in. I've yet to see someone hop out of his car without a grin on their face... at least until they accidentally touch the sidepipes...

-Mac

Thanks, John - very kind of you to say. Your contributions are in the car with the placement of the rear deck emblem and the dash installation sequence: Having that sequence right made the entire dash/harness/cluster installation a piece of cake. If I ever have to take the instrument cluster back out, I'm just going to reverse the process and pull the cluster with the harness as one assembly - I can probably do it in 30 minutes flat now that I've done the install a few times (I did some "dry-run" practice installs before the final install just to make sure I wasn't going to scratch anything or get in a bind after I bonded the dash center point to the floor tunnel). Thanks again!

Lars

Beautiful car, love the color combo but I am biased. Next you need to throw some paint on that trailer.:L Shemp :beer
IMG_1732.jpg

That trailer is one of the best "tools" I have ever bought, and it has seen some use.... I actually bought it new about 25 years ago, and it has been across the country in every direction. All my kids' cars have been rescued on that trailer at least a couple of times each, and it has hauled everything from engines and furniture to pallets of sod and loads of gravel. Now it's time for a complete restoration, as you noted, so I'll be doing that this summer - this is too good of a tool to not maintain. Is there a "Classic Trailer Restoration" section on this Forum so I can post the photos...? Is there a Restoration Tech Section I can draw on for things like, "How wide is the pinstriping on the fenders on a 1985 AMT Trailer?"
:beer
Lars

Lars, your Vette is absolutely beautiful!

Your time spent doing this project right will give you miles and miles of smiles!

SAVE the WAVE! :w

nice......after a while you will think of the good times you had working on the car and before you know it.....you will get bit again and think of another way or car that you want to do and before you know you will be making room in the garage for the next one.......

Nice job.......and because of that, you will be doing another one.....:D

Tractorgary your car is beautiful. could you tell me where you set your lift arms to lift the body off

I'm Lars. You are Tractorgary. Are you talking to me or to yourself...? You're not hanging out with Charlie Sheen, are you? I need to know whether or not to be worried, and whether or not you're going to invite me to the party...

I lifted my body right in the wheel openings as shown in the photos. Just as the factory did.

Lars:beer

I'm Lars. You are Tractorgary. Are you talking to me or to yourself...? You're not hanging out with Charlie Sheen, are you? I need to know whether or not to be worried, and whether or not you're going to invite me to the party...

I lifted my body right in the wheel openings as shown in the photos. Just as the factory did.

Lars:beer
from Tractorgary, sorry this is my first atempt at this websit. I could not tell by the pictures were the lift arms were set.I am compter illterate

Gentlemen, be gentle with tractorgary... it was his first post, after all! :)

Welcome aboard, tractorgary.

-Mac

Hey.........

from Tractorgary, sorry this is my first atempt at this websit. I could not tell by the pictures were the lift arms were set.I am compter illterate
You're not doing too bad, you got here!!! Watch that Lar's guy, he'll make you dizzy.

Tractorgary -
I just have to poke a little fun at everyone... welcome onboard!

:beerLars

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom