Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pics of my "new" 78 Pace Car

Blu ByU

Corvette
'04 CE LeMans Blue Coupe, 1978 Pace Car
Picked it up a couple weeks ago, and today was a nice day so I took a few pics. 37000 miles, body in great shape. Gonna work on the interior this winter, and start detailing the engine. Rims need to be restored and pinstriped as well. But I LOVE it! Always wanted a PC, it was actually the first Vette I ever drove.

I've always thought that the '78 Limited Edition was a work of art.......and you have a fine example. Very nice.

:upthumbs

Great looking Pace Car! The first Corvette I drove when I made the decision to buy one was a PC. It wasn't nearly as nice looking as yours or I would have one in my garage too!

very nice looking vette!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice!

I, too, have always like the Pace Car. Nice lines, color scheme and the interior color as well.

Congratulations on a fine looking ride. Nice shots with the fall colors, too. :)

Rick
:gap

congrats. i guarantee that you will be amazed at the number of heads that turn as you go down the street. even my neighbors who are used to seeing mine by now still stop and look at it as go by.

i am about to rip the entire (original) interior of mine apart very soon also. i have an entire wall to wall, floor to ceiling replacement that i have decided to do (it's all original on the insides at this point). my wife (who is a saint) has decided that the 15 boxes of interior parts need to be moved out of the front foyer within the next week or so, so i guess the project is about to begin, lol!

let me know if i can help you out at all once you start on yours. i'll be only too glad to help if i can.

steve

VERY NICE VETTE! needs the lettering on the side though..... 78 Pace Car, good vette to have. Welcome to the C3 family! :w
zachh

Congrats

I never really gave the 78 Pace Car much thought before. But after a couple of years now here in CAC, reading the posts, seeing all the pics, and then seeing em at Carlisle, I've grown really fond of em!

Congrats... enjoy that cool ride!

:w

Guys, thank you for the warm welcome!

Congrat on your first corvette and a PC on top of it!

Thanks Red! It's actually my third Vette, my first was a 94, sold it and bought the 04, which I still have, and now the PC.

congrats. i guarantee that you will be amazed at the number of heads that turn as you go down the street. even my neighbors who are used to seeing mine by now still stop and look at it as go by.

i am about to rip the entire (original) interior of mine apart very soon also. i have an entire wall to wall, floor to ceiling replacement that i have decided to do (it's all original on the insides at this point). my wife (who is a saint) has decided that the 15 boxes of interior parts need to be moved out of the front foyer within the next week or so, so i guess the project is about to begin, lol!

let me know if i can help you out at all once you start on yours. i'll be only too glad to help if i can.

steve

Thanks Steve, I'm sure we can keep each other motivated! Looking forward to chatting more with you.

VERY NICE VETTE! needs the lettering on the side though..... 78 Pace Car, good vette to have. Welcome to the C3 family! :w
zachh

Thank you zachh, though I won't be adding the door lettering to mine. I have the decals, but prefer the doors without them.

Kelly

It looks great either way! :w
zachh

ITS NOT THE FALL THAT KILLS YA, ITS THE SUDDEN STOP!

Congratulations! My pace car has 35000 miles and also needs work on the pin striped wheels. If you find someone to do this work, please let me know.

Congratulations! My pace car has 35000 miles and also needs work on the pin striped wheels. If you find someone to do this work, please let me know.

I having the wheels done right now. A place in Kansas City is restoring them, repainting the black in the back of the slots, and repainting the pin stripes, for $120 per wheel. I'll let you know how they turn out, they are supposed to be done this week.

Congratulations on the 'new' PC

Great that you have added the '78 PC to your stable. We got our '78 PC in March. Enjoy - GaryC - Indiana
c:\windows\TEMP\78 Corvette & Abby 3-06.jpg

File: 78 Corvette & Abby 3-06.jpg

Beautiful! Congratulations. My first Vette 15 years ago was a 78 PC. I met my wife right after I bought it ;). I kick myself for ever selling it. I've got to dig for my old paperwork. I'd love to have my first one back.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom