Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

pic's of supercharger installed

diesel1456

Corvette
1989 white conv
Well it's only been about 5 month's since i said i would post pic's of my supercharger installed..well here they are..you will notice the inner fender cut out,the hood support rod had to get moved to the other side,some of the hood had to get notched so it would close over the blower. I also installed a cooler for the blower so it doesn't get to hot,and put vent's in the hood .The air filter is right under the vent so it's getting some good air flow...also installed a boost gauge...getting between 6 to 8 lbs of boost when i push it. All in All it was a fun project..my friend Billy did most of the work...he is excellent but i did learn a lot... He races car's at Englishtown N J and he said without a doubt the car will run in the 12's i am happy with that. Someday i will get some number's on the HP. If anyone is thinking of doing this if i can ans any questions for you i will be happy to do so. Total cost about 2,200..it's worth it!!!
Rich

Well it's only been about 5 month's since i said i would post pic's of my supercharger installed..well here they are..you will notice the inner fender cut out,the hood support rod had to get moved to the other side,some of the hood had to get notched so it would close over the blower. I also installed a cooler for the blower so it doesn't get to hot,and put vent's in the hood .The air filter is right under the vent so it's getting some good air flow...also installed a boost gauge...getting between 6 to 8 lbs of boost when i push it. All in All it was a fun project..my friend Billy did most of the work...he is excellent but i did learn a lot... He races car's at Englishtown N J and he said without a doubt the car will run in the 12's i am happy with that. Someday i will get some number's on the HP. If anyone is thinking of doing this if i can ans any questions for you i will be happy to do so. Total cost about 2,200..it's worth it!!!
Rich

Do you have a link to a web site or photobucket account? I'm dying to see pics!

pics r on they are ok

the pics are working better...not the best but
Rich

blower

thanks JT... I'll tell you it's a lot of fun to drive!!!

blower

Well i got the blower off EBAY it was not a new blower as new blower but the guy had bought it new a few yrs back and never used it. I won it for i think 1,200 then i got the brackets and pulley from blower works in jersey for like $800 and change and some misc things anyway definetly no more than 2,500 from soup to nuts. My friend and i did all the installation so that didn't cost anything. A lot of bang for the buck...
Rich

belive it or not none...i don't have the stock chip in there but it was in there before i bought the blower..and it was mainly for the fans to come on early and i already had the 160 stat in there. There is a wire by the master cyl. back by the fire wall that go's to the main computer brain and in the instructions it tell's you to disconnect this wire before you do anything..so we did and when we were all done with the install we connected it back up. I guess when you fire it up it reads the new air flow and whatever else it picks up and adjust accordingly..never had a check engine light come on after the install..from the 1st time we fired it up it runs like a son of a gun..i also already had higher out put injectors in it and a high output coil...we even put the shorty headers on and no codes came up.
Rich

Pretty neat! Bet it haul's! I have a paxton blower for a Ford 302-351 SFI that I had on a Lincoln Sport Coupe, man did it bring that Lincoln around! Don't think it'll fit my 92 C4 though. Hee Hee
BTW, that blower is for sale. faang16@yahoo if anybody is interested.

Definitely a very nice installation! Pat the two of you on the back, that's for sure! :upthumbs

I would be interested in dyno numbers. You should have that done. It would be nice to see exactly what you are pushing.

SAVE THE :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom