Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

picture test , my rhd L81

PHIL81

Corvette
1981 dark blue
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

TEST CHECKED GOOD!

Phil,

That is an interesting perspective to me. This is the first time I have seen an engine compartment for the L81 configured for a Left-side driving country. Pretty cool. It looks like the intake cleaner assembly was not flipped for the installation, no smog equipment required, and that data plate seems unique as well, but besides that, it looks like a true-and-true L81.

Welcomed Aboard!

Phil,

The right-hand-drive conversion appears to have been completed very well. :beer

Your car's colour is outstanding.

P.S. I arranged your photos so that viewers don't have to scroll across to see them.

Very nice to see!
If you look at the firewall, interior dash they are all changed to right hand drive.
With the engine a little off centre to the right I think it's very tight to get the brake booster in. I think a lot of work went into this car to get it this way!

Groeten Peter

sweet,very nice job converting it to L/H drive!!!!

Car was converted by a Place called Corvette engineering in Perth, they have a engineer i.d plate on the firewall to say when it was converted to australia design rule, etc

Yeah because the the engine is offset does make things a little tight on the right hand side, no need for smog eq here on 81, or cat, gone with a vac adv dist and normal q jet, next projects for this are 700r4 conversion, run the exhaust through the middle and modify the right hand floor pan so i can have factory electric seatS too! If you can see i made the power seat switch panel in reverse my self.

...If you can see i made the power seat switch panel in reverse my self.

I saw that! It really looked as [perhaps] the factory would have made it. Good Job!

:upthumbs

Was the throttle cable set-up left intact?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom