Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pictures of Aftermarket Side Exhaust Covers??

Corvette
1969 Black Coupe
I am looking for pictures of cars that have the after market fiberglass side exhaust covers. I 've posted this before and have yet to see what people have done to paint/detail these covers. I have to replace a worn out set of Hooker pipes on my 69.

Thanks
Mike

Here's a pic of my 75

Here's another shot. These were on the car when I purchased her. they sound awesome and you never get burnt getting in or out of the car. have no idea what make they are, but they are fiberglass painted black.
Joe V.

Mike if you give me an e-mail address I can send you some high resolution photos I took this weekend of a Shark with painted covers. They are about a meg each and too big to post here at full resolution. I've applied maximum compression we'll see how that turns out

That lost a lot in translation. I promise you they are a lot better than that.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to post with a 65k limitation? I always photograph at the max, most around 1.2 meg. I figure if I need to make them smaller I can.

Help!

Grizzly, try resizing those pics before optimizing.

I'm not sure what you use as a program, but if you resize to something like 800 x 600 or similar, you should be able to save them as a jpg and keep to the 65k limit. Again, I don't know what software you're using, but I'd suggest Photoshop, Paint shop Pro or Fireworks.

We'd all love to post 2 MB pics, but then Rob and the CAC would be hard pressed to find an extra 100 Gigs of hard drive space :eek

Sly

Grizzly -

rather than shooting your pictures at their highest or best resolution - set the resolution at medium or even low. This works also better than trying to compress them smaller later, ... or resizing. The quality of these lower resolution originals is very good, and more suitable for emailing or posting on the web. If they are still too large they can then be compressed or resized to come within that 65k limit. I've found thru my experimenting, that highest resolution shots should only be used for those pics you may want to later print at 11 1/2 x 14 size or 8 1/2 x 10 size, ... but for most emailing and/or web posting, pics taken at the lesser resolution ORIGINALLY will be more than adequate in quality and clarity.

Chgostout

i know this works for XP and newer computers:
1open the picture
2 click print screen
3 open microsoft word
4 hold ctrl then press v
5 a picture of your screen should appear
6 crop picture
7 click on picture
8 click ctrl c
9 go to desk top,
10 right click and select paste
11 it will ask you to save the file
12 pick a place to save the file to and save it
13 you now have a lower quality picture of the picture

hope this works

Side Pipe Pictures

I sent Mike his set now a reduced set for the rest of you. With Microsoft Photo Editor this is the drill:

Image-resize-set units to pixels and then set width to 800

Save file as-click on more-set Jpeg quality to 50-rename and save.

here we go

Side Pipe Pictures

That was better. Here is the whole car.

One more comment. I've done a good bit of 35mm photography through the years and you always strive for the best resolution you can. While Chgostout's suggestion will give you the results you need, I don't know when I might want to print an 8x10. Without the necessary resolution you're up the creek. Allways run the camera wide open, especially with less expensive cameras. Their lens's need all the help they can get. As was suggeted here, you can always reduce quality, but you can't put it back.

Here is the whole car. What you can't see is the heavy metalflake in the light gray that glistens in the sun like so many diamonds. I thought the whole effect of the bluegray over the light gray was quite stunning

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom