Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pictures of C5 w/ C6 rims

G

GPRocket

Hi,
Trying to decide on rims. Are there any pictures out there of a C5 with the C6 rims?

GPRocket said:
Hi,
Trying to decide on rims. Are there any pictures out there of a C5 with the C6 rims?
Google image search . . .

DSC01009.jpg

I wonder if there is much improvement in handling and how this changes the ride...

I doubt there would be any change. Along those same lines; can anyone suddest where to buy C6 chrome wheels. I will buy replica wheels from AFS or OE Performance. Is TomZ Wheels a good source for these C6 wheels?
Thanks

BLACK MOON said:
I doubt there would be any change. Along those same lines; can anyone suddest where to buy C6 chrome wheels. I will buy replica wheels from AFS or OE Performance. Is TomZ Wheels a good source for these C6 wheels?
Thanks

I purchased mine from Corvettes of Houston. Fast, inexpensive and efficient. Couldn't ask for more than that, in my opinion.

MagikDraggin said:
I purchased mine from Corvettes of Houston. Fast, inexpensive and efficient. Couldn't ask for more than that, in my opinion.
Are you running Run-Flats and do the sensors work? ..and the obvious....What price Glory?

Tom :w

MM-C5 said:
Are you running Run-Flats and do the sensors work? ..and the obvious....What price Glory?

Tom :w

They were "on special" when I got them. Can't recall the exact price, but it was in the general neighborhood of 850 for the set. Don't know if that price is valid any longer though.

Yes, am running the stock run-flats (until they wear out, then I'm not sure what, after that), and no problems with the sensors.

I've been thinking of the new rims for my 01, and those Z06 rims are fantastic.

My humble opinion, but I think they look better than the C6 rims.

Temptation, temptation, temptation!!! :drool:

Mike

Thanks Karl. Now I just gotta get "the little woman" to agree. :D

Go for 'em Mike....I can use your support!

T :w

road_racefan said:
I've been thinking of the new rims for my 01, and those Z06 rims are fantastic.

Thanks...I sure like them. Gives the vette "personality", heh, heh, heh. They're kind of a "poor mans" CCW 505.

My humble opinion, but I think they look better than the C6 rims.

Hah! I'm not humble about it at all.....I don't think the C6 rims look good, even on the C6.

Temptation, temptation, temptation!!! :drool:

All I can say is "GO FOR IT".....do what I did and tell the wifey (aka the boss) that what you get out of selling your present rims will pay for the new ones. That's what I did, and it wasn't a lie either....what I got out of the old polished 5 spokes paid for TWO of the new rims, (I never told her how many it would pay for).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom