Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pictures of my 72

LIRacer

Corvette
65 with ZZ502
After too many years and way too much money...it's done (sort of)! This first post is what it used to look like.

This is what it looks like now......

and another.....

WOW heach of a change only one problem now it looks to good to drive,,,,,,,,,,,,,you know you can't park it any were out of sight.

Very nice. How did you like dealing with Pro Team?

SWEEEEEEEEET!!!

Looks great, but as far as being done, ummmmm....I don't think we're ever done are we?

THanks everyone

Mr. Cool,

Pro Team was ok. Their facility was great. Like a museum in certain parts. THey didnt discount very much, but the car showed up on time. The car was pretty much what I xpected, a #3. Now it is a #1.

My wife and the Vette

My wife likes to pose

The car looks great.

What made you go from Yellow to gray?

Do you have any trouble hitting that front spoiler on stuff?

Very nice!

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Chris,

I hated yellow. I bought the car for the engine (LT-1 with fact A/C, very rare). As it turned out, the trim plate had Steel Cities Gray on it. When I picked the colour, I went with a grayer Gray then Steel Cities as that colour seems to have a slight blue in it.

The car has had a complete mech and body on resto. On the LT-1 hasnt been rebuilt yet. I am toying with a new engine and putting the LT-1 away. I take thr car to the track and I wantto save it's value. You will notice that all the mods I made are bolt on.

I scraped the spoiler twice already:hb . I am learning to park it a bit further back in the space.

THanks for your comments. It is nice to get a compliment from the CAC master ;worship !!! LOL LOL LOL

Bruce

Beautiful car. Color, pipes, wheels all go together very well. I was never too nuts about Steel Cities Grey when it was new. Just something about it that looks bland. I don't mean to offend any owners. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Tom

Car looks sweet, I like that color. I think the car would look even better if you lowered it a bit.

69autoXr

Thanks!. Didnt you get your 69 painted recently? I thought you had psted some pics.

Bruce

Yeah, I got my car painted in May. There are pics in various threads around the CAC. Here's a good one from a recent autocross.

I'm enetring mine in a solo in October. How dows the C3s do? Have you done any suspension upgrades? I have done all new / composite springs, offset TA, nylon bushings, new rods, etc etc.

C3's can do well if they're set up right. It sounds like you're on the right track with your suspension upgrades, but keep in mind, the fact that you have headers is going to put you in a modified class, which means most of your competition will be on race tires. The single biggest improvement you can do to make your car handle better is tires. I use Hoosier bias-ply Street TD tires, they are probably the best DOT approved race tire you can use on a C3. I have stiffer springs, and some other suspension mods, but tires are everything.

Now if I could only get a girl that looks as good as your wife to pose with my car! Very beautiful, congratulations!

A bias ply is supeior to a radial? I was going to up grade to a radial like COMP TAs on a 17 inch wheel. Right now I am using BFg Rad TAs on 15 x 10 in the rear and 15 x 8 in the front . I know they are only good for show.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom