Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

pictures of my 81

Great looking 81 Lance wish mine was that clean. I believe i see the mirrored t-tops I love the look of those on these cars. Sharp very Sharp.

Thanks, I have owned it for about 10 years; it has been a work in progress. Here are some of what has been done to it: new paint, new tires, radiator, alternator, battery, new calipers and rotors, power steering pump, rebuilt carb and recent re-adjustment of the timing, true dual exhaust (now it really hums), recent new printed circuit for center gauges, new seats (leather-like, they are AWESOME and I highly recommend for about $500 best purchase I made). All new headlight hoses and actuators, they pop up fast. If anyone needs some advice how to keep the original aluminum rims shining like chrome on these C-3's, I have an excellent procedure. All I really have left on my wish list is new weatherstipping and carpet throughout, dash has a small rip in it too (in the MOST conspicuous spot of course right in the middle!). I love the mirrored tops and I have heard you can only get bronze now not silver tint. I dropped one of them years ago when I first purchased it and freaked out, absolutely no damage, not even a scratch. There was a big black mark on it that came off with meguires wax, I got very lucky on that.

very,very nice!!!!:upthumbs:upthumbs

Nice!!

Looks really nice....know you'll enjoy the summer with it...
Min is in the shop right now for paint and drivers side floor pan.......found some rust.....

When it comes back....got the new carpet and weatherstripping to go in..and I'm ready for the summer.

Wolfgang

Looking very nice Lance. I'd like to hear how you maintain the rims. Please share your procedure! :v

Jeff

I was bleeding the brakes last night and I stripped the last bleeder @#$@#!!! I have tried PB Blaster to no avail. I guess I am going to take the caliper off and drop it off at a brake shop to see if they can remove. Oh well. As far as polishing the wheels, I take the wheels off about every year and I coat the whole wheel in mothers polish. I take a mini-polishing ball (there is a large ball and a mini-ball, get the mini-ball!) and put it on my drill and go to town. Once they are real black, wipe them off. I have tried every type of polish and procedure to make them shine and this is the best one I have found. I got the mini-ball at autozone. You can do it with the wheels on, but you can't get around the lug nuts very well that way.

great looking vette. i just got mine this past saturday. hope to start detailing this weekend! what is your procedure for the alloy rims. thanks ron s. happy cruzin

I torched the brake caliper tonight and conquered the stripped bleeder screw. What a feeling when that bolt pops loose after wresting with it for as long as I did, didn't even have to take caliper off. Brakes bled great and brakes are working the best since I have owned it, stopping on a dime. I changed all the bleeder screws, bleeding is a yearly process if you don't drive it much. As far as the rims: get a cordless drill, the Mother's mini-ball (with the long handle) and a big can of Mother's paste aluminum polish, a couple of rags you can toss and the wheels really shine up. I have tried everything over the years and these wheels are very hard to keep shiny. Mine look almost chrome, but I would still like to have the chrome dipped wheels like Corvette Central has. Someone told me they were low quality rims though.

I torched the brake caliper tonight and conquered the stripped bleeder screw. What a feeling when that bolt pops loose after wresting with it for as long as I did, didn't even have to take caliper off. Brakes bled great and brakes are working the best since I have owned it, stopping on a dime. I changed all the bleeder screws, bleeding is a yearly process if you don't drive it much.
Glad you were able to get that Bad Boy out!!!!:beer

Lance,

Nice looking L81! These Sports Cars are getting better and better. :w

GerryLP:cool

Lance... it looks as though you tried to post a photo stored on your computer but you'll have to upload it as an attachment first.

The first group you posted is nice! Love those red Corvettes!
:wJane Ann

I did it before, but I can't remember how I did it...how frustrating. I look at the jpeg stored in "my pictures" but I can't remember what to do next. I thought I opened it with internet explorer and then attached it but I can't get it to go again.

Lance - take a look at this thread Click here and that will probably jog your memory. It's a step by step procedure to aid those that want to post photos but don't do it very often.

If you need help, post a thread in the Site Help and Feedback forum and myself or one of the other Staff members will try to help you work out any issues. :)

:wJane Ann

Very nice looking 81 Lance,I too,have used that method to get my alloy wheels shined up. Ken

If you guys look at my engine bay, my valve covers look like crap. Aren't they supposed to be black? I am sure it is just as easy to replace them than paint them. I hate to take them out for painting/replacing unless I am willing to do some engine work while they are off on whatever I can access. I have never removed/replaced valve covers before.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom