Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pictures of your garage work bench and where to get a good one, suggestions?

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
I am trying to get my garage work area together....and thought that there might already be some good ones out there....so if you have any pictures of your garage area.....share them with us.....if you have any pictures of your work bench share those too.....and if you have a good source for where I might be able to get a good work bench, please suggest that!!! I have plenty of tool boxes and tools.....got a bench top drill press, and a grinder....they need a place to sit...and a place for me to work....so......share what ya got!!!!

thanks!!!!

I have a feeling you might get more responses in the garage section...

The last worl bench I had I built out of 2x4's with a 3/4" plywood top covered by a sheet of masonite, mounted with countersunk screws. worked great, and it fit my space and requirements better than anything I could have bought.

FWTW

joe

Here's mine. Has 1/2 in steel top that is 4' x 8'. Whole thing weighs about 1200 lbs. It has casters to enable movement and leveling jack screws to make it stay where you want it.

I don't work for Sears nor do I really like them, (although I have about 10,000.00 worth of Craftsman tools) but they have come out with some really cool modular systems. I think I may do mine in those.

My main bench is two Craftsman ball-bearing service carts with the casters removed, screwed to a 1" maple top over 3/4" plywood, with another similar top screwed to a Craftsman bench/storage unit.

FrtWall.JPG

:beer

Take a peek in construction dumpsters - or better yet dumpsters at remodeling sites. I got a couple of solid core doors (smooth - no panels) and just built "bases" for them. At 6'5" each door, I have one bench at 13' with two doors end to end. Then even utilized the hinges still on one of them to have an "extra" fold away bench top for those times when the others are too full of other goodies. Becuase it folds away I keep it clean otherwise all th eparts and tools would slide off and fall on the floor :lol:

Here are pics, my 13' section (two 6.5' doors end to end) and one of my folding benchtop before I attached the legs - they are leaning against the wall in thepic:

168workbench.jpg

168foldbenchnolegs.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom