Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pistons came today! What a handfull

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Hey, the pistons finally came. This means that if I did not go and get myself buried in the electrical work by now I could be jumping into the go power. So, they will have to wait a bit.

Here is a pic of the little beauties. Nikki was kind enough to model them for me. I could not get my photopoint up, so you will have to settle for an attachment.

Hey Chris, have you looked into coating the tops (ceramic) and the skirts (teflon) like some have done, or is that just used when you're only thinking in terms of hard-core racing?

Check out C4 Corvette Performance (Ohio Racing) for what Troy did to his engine. ;)

_ken :w

Jack said:
Nice & shiny! Just what kind/# pistons are they?
JACK:gap

Speed Pro (made by TRW/Federal Mogul) .060 over part number L2399F (Forged and very heavy) for the 454 mark IV Big Block.

Ken said:
Oh, ignore me and MY question, eh? ;)

_ken

Be patient, I can only answer one question at a time. You see, I am reading and typing CACC with one hand, building the windshield wiper circuit with the other, juggling those pistons around and around with my feet, keeping the dogs out of trouble by yelling at them, and entertaining Nikki with whatever other part of my body that is left over.:L

No, don't plan on coating them. You are right. That is for extreme duty. I only need to hammer it long enough to put the Vipers and Z06 Vettes in the rear view.....and that thing you are building out there in CA.:booty

69MyWay said:
...and that thing you are building out there in CA.:booty

Ouch! You better go back to "entertaining Nikki"!! :L

_ken :w

Chris I have TRW pistons in my BB also. We have alot of similarities. Especially a love of Black nasty Big Block sharks. Theres a guy in the local Vette club with a Z06 & he will not race me. Says he paid a fortune for it & doesn't want a whippin from an old classic stuffed with a, he calls it Moose motor!
You got parts that will make you the baddest Vette in NE Florida. Savor that thought!
John

I just down loaded your piston picture. Oh man, what a pair . . . of pisons I mean. Can't wait to hear her scream . . . the engine I mean . . .

Sorry . . . I just LOVE Corvettes!!

Ken said:
Hey Chris, have you looked into coating the tops (ceramic) and the skirts (teflon) like some have done, or is that just used when you're only thinking in terms of hard-core racing?

Well, looking at Ms. Nikki, I'd agree--you need to quit worrying about your pistons and "worry" about her.
:)
That said, on a forged piston motor there will not be much of a gain with teflon coated skirts. The thermal barrier coating on the piston top might be of slight benefit--very slight. On a street high-performance engine the cost-to-benefit ratio might not be very good.

Speed Pro (made by TRW/Federal Mogul) .060 over part number L2399F (Forged and very heavy) for the 454 mark IV Big Block
/Chris

Great choice Chris ... with your heads they should do ya proud in regards to CR & streetability!
JACK:gap

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom