Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pix of my 82 CE

L

luvmy82

I just got a new Canon digital camera....and I wanted to test it out on my car. Here's a shot that I took at a park by my house that runs along the Detroit River. It was one of those perfect sunny/cloudy days that make picture taking worthwhile for cars.

Lemme know what ya's thinks.....

Very nice! Do you have any other pics of the interior/engine, etc?

BTW, I deleted the double post and left a redirect from the C4 area.

That should make it easier to view the photos in a single thread.

Thanks for taking care of the deletion in the wrong forum...duh, what was I thinking? Hello? McFly?

I just got this car in February, and I have been "cleaning up" minor and major things that have been wrong with it, or getting rid of things I didn't like in it from the previous owner.

As a result, it has been in the shop quite a bit. Between the crappy weather and the car being in the shop and installing a new stereo system, I haven't been able to drive it and/or take many pictures of it.

I plan on taking pictures of the engine and interior when I get it back today from the Chevy dealer. (It's in because I had the window switches replaced. When I used them, little poofs of smoke was coming up from underneath the switches. YIKES!) It's back in again because for some weird reason, the battery was not holding a charge the minute I got it back from them and they are checking out what the problem might be or whether I just need a new battery. Sheesh! When does it ever end? This car is becoming a money pit......

The engine is very clean and so is the interior, and the previous owner took very good care of it for the past 18 years.

One more thing...

Is there any way to post a picture that is larger than a postage stamp? I'm using jpg format, and the file is at 72 dpi, but it kinda sucks that the picture is so small. How do the others post pictures that are larger?

I don't know why your pic is so small. My camera takes the larger pictures.

Maybe somebody else can pipe in.

I'm far from a digital camera guru but my Sony will take a smaller format for email if you select the option in the menu. Otherwise the pictures are fairly big. Of course you can use a photo editor program to resize them too. I'm still stumbling around with Photoshop 6.0 and I usually have to browse through my owners manual when I use the camera.

Tom

I have a Sony DSC-S70, and take all my photos at the "standard" 640x480 resolution; this gives an image size just right for posting on forums without causing horizontal scrolling in the thread they're posted in, and gives a good-sized image when linked to. That resolution results in images between 58K-62K that don't need any doctoring.

If I use downloaded images or images that are sent to me by others that are higher resolution, I use a program called "Compushow 32" to re-size them to 650-pixel width (and to convert their format if they're not already in .jpg format).

Very nice VETTE and the backround isn't bad either. You are most generous to use a new camera on your new-to you VETTE, enjoy the rides.

I "luvyer82"!

Very nice! She looks great, and I can tell it was a great day for auto photography! The pic shows her to the best advantage.

As far as the $-pit comment....No. It doesn't end. But it is money spent without much grumbling, unless you have to wait for something to arrive before you can drive! ;)
Silver

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom